1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General 2.3.4 now out for 3 UK

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by element140, Sep 25, 2011.

1. element140

element140 Guest
    None
    As the title suggests, the 2.3.4 update is now available to download for 3 UK.

Advertisement

2. pw8549

pw8549 Member
    None

Jul 11, 2010
    Male
    Kent UK
    Just updated to 2.3.4 on 3UK but can anyone tell me the differance as I can't see none. :(

3. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Technical Support
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    you won't really see any difference, it's just stability updates and faster UI

pw8549 likes this.
  4. pw8549

pw8549 Member
    None

Jul 11, 2010
    Male
    Kent UK
    Hi EddyOS I have found one bug don't know if you have the same but after update the display brightness was set to full even as it was set to automatic brightness. I had to reset the brightness to the center then back on auto this had to be done two or three times fou it to start working properly. This could be why some people are having problems with their battery after update.

5. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    Technical Support
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Dunno, had 2.3.4 a while ago (unbranded phone) and didn't notice it

6. volvo940seturbo

None

Jul 16, 2010
    Coach Driver
    Cumbria UK
    Nothing but issues with my sensation since the update from three. I know have duplicate three apps on the phone, which seem to run all the time, the phone reboots if you update or download an app from the market, the brightness issue is there, it will change the brightness from auto to full for no reason at all, and in connection with the reboot after app update, battery is worse, which I thought would be hard to do as it was useless before the update. Many other issues to do with it being slower than before, using up more memory for no reason at all, other than there seems to be more three crap on it now, also having issues with the alarm not going off, only thing I can see is fixed, is the app icons not changing to default android after reboot.

All in all, complete waste of time updating, has turned a crap phone into amazingly an even worse phone, well done three and htc after many htc phones, looks like my next phone will not be htc or branded.

7. master_yoda

master_yoda Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Volvo, try a factory reset if you havnt already done one yet since the update. I know you shouldn't really have to do this after an OTA update but sometimes it can sort out problems that appear after an update.

Cheers

8. JamieLFC

JamieLFC Lurker
    None

Oct 8, 2011
    I have downloaded the update and my battery is draining within 4 hours. What the update has now done is given the sensation the phone finder apllication. I dont know if that has changed anything? I dont know what can be done to stop this battery drain. Any ideas?