• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
hard to recommend a ROM as everybody has their own tastes. It is very much trial and error till you find one you like.

One question I would ask you though is why 2.3.6? What will it bring over you current 2.3.5 setup? Because you may find that all this head scratching and hours in front of the computer monitor leads you to wish you'd stuck with stock.

If it's just because you want the numbers then I would say you are looking at it wrong seen as 4.0.3 out now for SGS2. If it is genuinely for a specific bug fix you require then start reading and researching the available ROMs, and once found one read and re-read the installation guides until you are happy with what you need to do.

Upvote 0
just like me then haha

been running the 4.0.3 for 12 hours now. not without it's issues but so far seems stable for normal use. It is an official release I'm led to believe. I have got Swype reinstalled on it (not on as stock), and used TB to restore all other apps and all seems to be working fine.

This is where I got ROM from (with instructions)
Dialandroid: Install Android 4.0.3 ICS on Galaxy S2(SII) I9100XXKP8/I9100XXKP4 firmware(Video Guide)

Face unlock does not work as stock so if you want that you need to go to here:
[Fix] Face unlock issue in XXKP8 (ICS 4.0.3) - xda-developers

You said you are currently rooted so 1st golden rule is backup current setup before anything is done so you can go back.

2nd golden rule is read the blooming instructions :)

Reactions: ashjnk2010
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones