1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 2.3.6 galaxy note update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by harrihippi, Jan 14, 2012.

1. harrihippi

harrihippi Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2011
    Quick question for anyone that can possibly help me out here. I just purchased from 2 different on-line vendors, samsung galaxy notes, which arrived completely unlocked, unbranded and factory sealed, no broken seals at all. Upon opening one and setting it up, it right away indicated that there was a firmware update available, which I connected to KIES and boom, there was the download to 2.3.6, no problem at all. I then opened the second box containing my 2nd samsung note which was also sealed as the first one, got it started and there was no update notice at all. And where my shock came in was when I went to connect it to KIES, I received a notice that this device cannot be updated through KIES. I went to help and downloaded the drivers on KIES, re-connected my second device, and still received the same message. I then re-connected my first device and boom, KIES lit up like a xmas tree showing all the updated firmware info as well as all other required info. So why is it that this one samsung galaxy note can be updated to 2.3.6, yet the other one is refused. When I tried going the OTA route on the 2nd device, it says no updates available. Could it be that the 2 devices may have come from different areas of the country and my 2nd device has yet to receive it's update???? This was so strange to me, Please help. Thanks much.

Advertisement

2. cheng6991

cheng6991 Newbie
    None

May 16, 2011
    Open Kies connect the note to computer,Power off the note then restart the note .

3. ayongkot

ayongkot Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    venezia, italy
    on your 2nd device check if usb debugging is on, this is one cause of kies not detecting the phone. compare also your 2 devices if they have the same firmware. go to settings/about phone and see which one has the latest. as the case with me, i always flashed the latest leaked firmware (xxla3 open europe january 2012) through mobile odin because i want it rooted and there is no problem whatever connecting to kies thereafter.

4. dreamzchm

dreamzchm Lurker
    None

Jan 18, 2012
    It's better to do the update over the air. I did it over the air. Go to settings>about phone> software update >update .

5. linzgeneral

linzgeneral Well-Known Member
    None

May 29, 2010
    Chances are that the Notes originate from two different regions and will receive updates at different times. for instance my Note is an Austrian model and I am waiting for an update that most people with Notes from other regions have received more than two weeks ago.

6. p51d007

p51d007 Newbie
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    Don't install it, at least for me, it broke root. :(

7. Ocean2k

Ocean2k Lurker
    None

Jan 23, 2012
    Very simple, check the 3 letters that shows the region for your device.
    they are not from the same zone so the update is diffrent.

b.t.w - you can change the zone to which one you like.

8. teejim

teejim Lurker
    None

Jan 24, 2012
    How do you change the 'zone' and what are the benefits?

9. ociopia

ociopia Newbie
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    I have xxkk5. Is that Korea? I have received the update in this thread. It happened when I first turned on the phone. I just haven't received the latest one.

10. Furiousposter

Furiousposter Newbie
    None

Apr 10, 2011
    Europe
    I agree and did so this week end with no bother at all.

11. unwantedx10

unwantedx10 Newbie
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    I got the same thing, got my notification on the phone, but nothing happened. I have the same that xxkk5 but mine is from HONG KONG. You can look at this in the back label behind the battery