1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General 2.3.6 Lag

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sm625614, Jan 2, 2012.

1. sm625614

sm625614 Newbie
    None

May 1, 2011
    Canada
    Hey i just updated to 2.3.6 KL3 from 2.3.5 and i am noticing that the phone is very lag when going from screen to screen and also scrolling through the app screens. Should i go back to 2.3.5 or wait for a new build to come out

Advertisement

2. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Australia
    Do you have both Power saving modes enabled? One of theose power saving modes is the System Power Saving available in Settings, Power Saving in 2.3.6. It shows up as 2 power savings icons in the notification area (still haven't found a way to make those disappear?). What this setting does (after investigating it myself when I upgraded) is cut your CPU down to an 800MHz processor straight away instead of a 1200 MHz processor. So yes it appears as scrolling, and especial web browsing is slower. Untick this option and you are back to normal!!

Admittedly it's a bit stunted. If they were going to do this I would have expected a more dynamic cutting back of CPU eg. when it hits 60% 1000MHz then when it hits 40% drop it to 800 etc. but no it's throttles it by 2/3 straight away. Although some apps it does not seem to make a difference but in animated effects it is noticable.

If it is not turned off in your case then I'm not sure what it behind what you are seeing.