1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2.3.6 wi-fi error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smsgAce, Jan 27, 2012.

1. smsgAce

smsgAce Newbie

Hey guys, did anybody else experience the wi-fi error (similar to the one i had with Froyo)?

Any fixes for it? I have the European version from xda forums

Advertisement

2. smsgAce

smsgAce Newbie

nvm i think it was a one time event

3. Tovagulet

Tovagulet Member

ffffffffffffffffffffff

#3 Tovagulet, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  4. LINGAM

LINGAM Newbie

hi
    i am in india but my ace GT-S5830 was bought in Singapore. i updated through kies from GB 2.3.3 TO 2.3.6 today. but i encounter wifi problem. the internet connection works fine on my PC. but when i try to connect to wifi from my ace (broadband provider BSNL) it says connecting then i get this message:
    disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK.
    Then again it tries to connect this goes on and on. till last month i did not have any problem using the wifi with GB 2.3.3. i have not used wifi for the past 2 weeks and i did not check the wifi connection today before upgrading to 2.3.6. my phone is not rooted and i am a zero in technical matters. not under contract to any service provider. should i go back to old version and if so how. need a step by step guide.appreciate any help and guidance.thanks in advance

5. chismay

chismay Android Enthusiast

actually this is a problem persisting from the original samsung stock rom. as he said.;)

i have also had a wifi error since updating to 2.3.6

6. socrates0

socrates0 Android Enthusiast

7. smsgAce

smsgAce Newbie

have thought the same thing, but occasionally I still experience it. I have the same firmware from the same forum as you.

As a side-note does anybody know how to add language-specific letters? My country's specific diacritics are not shown in texts and I wouldn't like 2.3.3 back just for that

8. LINGAM

LINGAM Newbie

hi i found this link somewhere in this forum and it solved my problem with wi-fi .thanks for the one who gave this solution.hope this is useful.

file:///C:/WIFI%20CONNECTION%20FROM%20ACE%20IMPORTANT/fix-obtaining-ip-address-android-wifi.html.
    he solution is to use a static IP for your WiFi connection, to do this:
    • From your android device, goto Settings > Wireless and networks > WiFi Settings > Click menu button (left) and select advanced.
    • You'll see an option "use static IP" under IP settings section. Enable it and enter the following parameters.

• IP address : 192.168.1.253
    • Gateway: 192.168.1.1
    • Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    • DNS1: 8.8.4.4
    • DNS2: 4.4.4.4/8.8.8.8
    [​IMG]

9. proudnewbie

proudnewbie Lurker

hi! thanks in advance for your help
    here's the thing:

when i tried to fill the " DNS2: 4.4.4.4/8.8.8.8 " i get a "Please type a valid IP address" message, however i tried
    also
    4.4.4.4 / 8.8.8.8 but nothing.

tried with the ones my laptop uses which are:
    DNS 200.118.2.91
    DNS 2 190.157.2.140

the connection successfully comes up but then the pages never get to load.

10. socrates0

socrates0 Android Enthusiast

Try

It's opendns

11. pratikabu

pratikabu Lurker

Hi, just dial *#*#526#*#* and wait for some steps to be executed. Once it says Successfully loaded, go and try again.. BOOM it works.. :)

You need to do this whenever you get the WIFI Error.

It actually reloads the WIFI, similar way it does it when it restarts..

12. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

Its quite a popular solution, almost all users know this, but the problem here is that it does not works for everyone.

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews