1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2.3 disappeared! How to get it again?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chipri, Dec 19, 2010.

1. chipri

chipri Lurker

I received the official 2.3 update, but then I wiped my phone and changed Google accounts. Since after doing that, it reverted back to 2.2. How can I force the official 2.3 update? Its been several days and it hasnt done it again. Thank you for any help

I have the moto droid. (2.2.1)

Advertisement

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

3. carassius

carassius Well-Known Member

I'll assume you're not rooted...

So, while the "official" 2.3 (gingerbread) source code has been released it has not, and almost certainly will not, be pushed OTA to the moto droid.

When you say you "received" the update, what exactly do you mean by that? As in, OTA?

The most recent OTA update was 2.2.1 which will likely be the last update this phone receives for non-rooted users.

4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Android Expert

No you didn't. It hasn't been released to the DROID.

5. chipri

chipri Lurker

I believe I mistakenly thought that the 2.21 update was the 2.3. Thanks for setting this right

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

If you were offered it before, it may take some time before everything synchronizes correctly for the system to realize that you need it again - don't worry, it will be offered again.

7. adi19956

adi19956 Android Expert

didn't the Moto Droid have a software update to 2.3? I remember seeing a question about it when someone thought they had Gingerbread, but it wasn't an Android version update...

8. Penguissimo

Penguissimo Android Enthusiast

The Droid X had an update to "System" version 2.3 or something like that, but it was only Android 2.2.1. if I remember correctly. No phone currently has official Gingerbread except the Nexus S.

9. adi19956

adi19956 Android Expert

oh, it wad the Droid X, I can't remember, we don't even have it in the UK, only the Milestone and Milestone 2

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews