1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

2.3 GingerBread for Captivate[discussion]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by compscidev, Dec 6, 2010.

1. falcon7204

falcon7204 Newbie
    None

Jan 17, 2012
    For the last month or so after I got my Captivate (and after I upgraded to GB 2.3.5) I have had intermittent, weird errors. For example, today the phone rang and I could not slide the "accept" icon to the right to answer it. The phone acted like it was locked (or locked up). Other times it will spontaneously reboot - while it's sitting in my pocket. Or it will lock up completely and require a battery pull. On some occasions, I will hit the messaging icon and the calendar will pop up!

I swore I would never give a dime of my money to Apple again, so I'm committed to making this Captivate (and Android in general) work. And I'm not going back to 2.2. I'm tempted to root it and check out CM7 or Serendipity, but after seeing the news of Samsung getting ready to roll out a firmware upgrade to 2.3.5 phones, I'm tempted to wait. Maybe that will also fix some of those problems I've been having.

But probably not.

Advertisement

2. JedediahJ

JedediahJ Lurker
    None

Mar 27, 2012
    I have been having some odd problems as well. I got my Captivate new maybe 10 days ago. I updated it to GB 2.3.5 right away and had to pull the battery out once from freezing, another time my phone completely lost (no single) service during a call (had to restart to get it back), and the phone at times just lags and lags.

3. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Android Enthusiast
    None

My wife's on stock & experiences the same things. Honestly at this point you're much better off going with one of the CM flavors (7.1 or 9 alpha). I've been on 9 (ICS) for a while now & though it has its bad moments, it's so much nicer than anything stock will ever be.

4. Android26

Android26 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 25, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Not trying to be a jerk, but after reading all these posts I'm VERY glad that Kies didn't work when I tried to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3 earlier this year.

Its sounding like almost everyone is having major problems with it. And those who aren't having problems aren't really all that impressed by the update anyways. Being left out saved me a lot of headache apparently!

5. cougar360

cougar360 Lurker
    None

May 25, 2011

i love the update i just would like my 3g to work at the max rate of the hardware if there is anything to nitpick at that would be it