• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.3 Gingerbread

Upvote 0
No definetly now message key
And it looks like from what i have read they did the 2.3 update for the optimus one
in which romania recieved the first update..WHY?? then russia,chile,then the rest of the world.
So they are most likely going to slap that in our phones..
I personally dont care as im running 2.3.5.

You're running a mashup of froyo and gingerbread. All the cm7 ROMs for our phones are using lot's of stuff from froyo that doesn't work perfectly in gingerbread. Pulling drivers and libs from the 2.3 upgrade and getting them into cm7 will fix signal issues, screen lag and who knows what else.

A 2.3 update for any optimus is a good thing for us.

Upvote 0
After reading this thread I decided to email LG This is my email to them...

-----------Original Customer Inquiry------------
Received Date : 09/17/2011 10:37 15
The type of inquiry : Software/Hardware updates
Product/Model No. : CDMA/LGMN240

I am inquiring about the android 2.3 update for the lg optimus m from metro pcs. details on if and when this update will be made available would be great. Also, when clicking the phone specifications tab under this specific model it claims to have a social networking button. Apparantly I was not worthy enough to receive an Optimus M with said button. If you could explain to me why I am not worthy of said button I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks in advance for your speedy and direct reply to my questions.

And now this is how they replied. Notice how Jorge completely ignores the social networking button part of my email lol

------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics. We are delighted to hear from you as our Valued Customer.

Unfortunately the phone model MS690 does not have the update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread ready.

We do not have an estimate date to release this update; you will be notified by Metro PCS later on when it will be ready.

If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at 1-800-793-8896 at your convenience.

Jorge V.
Electronic Correspondence Executive (ECE)
LG Electronics USA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones