1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2.3 Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Eatyourowntaco, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Eatyourowntaco

Lg's Website says the Lg optimus m is upgradable to 2.3. Yet the phone still is not updated. Anyone care to elaborate on this?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. pmb116

pmb116 Android Enthusiast

I went to the LG website and there was no such claim. Care to elaborate or post a link? Also any updates from Metro are not done via OTA but rather through LG's updater

3. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert

LG Optimus M MS690 Cell Phones & Mobile Phones - LG Electronics US -> Specifications Tab
    Hopefully it's a good sign but it could be a lazy copy and paste from an Optimus model that can upgrade already.

4. Eatyourowntaco

5. Eatyourowntaco

Thank You for that post, Darnell0216 :D

6. martyn357

martyn357 Member

But then again it also says this:

Anyone found it yet? :D

7. razorbladesoup

razorbladesoup Well-Known Member

No definetly now message key
    And it looks like from what i have read they did the 2.3 update for the optimus one
    in which romania recieved the first update..WHY?? then russia,chile,then the rest of the world.
    So they are most likely going to slap that in our phones..
    I personally dont care as im running 2.3.5.

8. undacova

undacova Android Enthusiast

You're running a mashup of froyo and gingerbread. All the cm7 ROMs for our phones are using lot's of stuff from froyo that doesn't work perfectly in gingerbread. Pulling drivers and libs from the 2.3 upgrade and getting them into cm7 will fix signal issues, screen lag and who knows what else.

A 2.3 update for any optimus is a good thing for us.

9. razorbladesoup

Yea. That would be nice. I wont ever go back to a stock rom. I just hope They dont do a crappy job. Because the optimus one is SIMILAR to our phones. Its not the same.
    It will make a big difference if they dont do the drivers right

10. det1726

det1726 Android Enthusiast

After reading this thread I decided to email LG This is my email to them...

-----------Original Customer Inquiry------------
    Received Date : 09/17/2011 10:37 15
    The type of inquiry : Software/Hardware updates
    Product/Model No. : CDMA/LGMN240

I am inquiring about the android 2.3 update for the lg optimus m from metro pcs. details on if and when this update will be made available would be great. Also, when clicking the phone specifications tab under this specific model it claims to have a social networking button. Apparantly I was not worthy enough to receive an Optimus M with said button. If you could explain to me why I am not worthy of said button I would greatly appreciate it.Thanks in advance for your speedy and direct reply to my questions.

And now this is how they replied. Notice how Jorge completely ignores the social networking button part of my email lol

------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics. We are delighted to hear from you as our Valued Customer.

Unfortunately the phone model MS690 does not have the update to Android 2.3 Gingerbread ready.

We do not have an estimate date to release this update; you will be notified by Metro PCS later on when it will be ready.

If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again either via email, or by calling our customer service division at 1-800-793-8896 at your convenience.

Jorge V.
    Electronic Correspondence Executive (ECE)
    LG Electronics USA

11. pmb116

pmb116 Android Enthusiast

I bet you the description is changed shortly

12. razorbladesoup

Thats pretty funny. Ignores it completely.
    Perhaps thats old..maybe they were going to replace search button with it