1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2.3? when is the offical update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jigsjigz, May 17, 2011.

1. jigsjigz

jigsjigz Lurker

im still running 2.1-update1. any idea when the next 1 is? the site says there is an update with pinch control but i cant seem to get it or make it work if i have got it. im so confused.

Advertisement

2. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Android Enthusiast

It should be later this year, but not all carriers will have it, so you might never have it "officially"

3. Wisenos

Wisenos Android Enthusiast

Rogers will have it within a week or 2 behind uk one..
    well that means about 5-6 month before AT&T

4. omerta1169

omerta1169 Newbie

how do u know rogers is coming out in the next 2 weeks I have called tech support and they said end of Q3 so september october ....... just wondering? ??

5. CPlumb

CPlumb Newbie

He never said within two weeks, he said it will be 2 weeks BEHIND the UK update, whenever that may be (my guess, not when they say it will be :p)

Wisenos likes this.
  6. Z3US

Z3US Android Enthusiast

god knows.......!!!!

7. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

its meant to be out at the end of Q2 which is the end of next month so not too far away i would hope

8. JamieLeeWV

JamieLeeWV Newbie

Do we know which carriers will have the gingerbread update?, i hope T Mobile UK have it :eek:

9. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

10. Merolas

Merolas Android Enthusiast

this is for the ARC that is already running 2.3....

11. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

12. werthers

werthers Android Enthusiast

Is it laggy and does it still have dual touch? cheers!

13. prassu

prassu Guest

14. highaltitude

highaltitude Well-Known Member

Yes it has dual touch. Its kind of a given nowadays if you flash any kind of custom ROM. Most all Devs have it in their work.

The battery has not been bad for me, it comes and goes because I have actually flashed about 15 ROMs in the last couple weeks so its hard to say which ones were better than others. I forgo some battery life expectancy by getting custom functions

werthers likes this.
  15. thurow

thurow Lurker

High Altitude,
    How did you do this on AT&T's network? Can you provide the necessary steps?
    Thanks a ton!!!

16. Z3US

Z3US Android Enthusiast

17. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

but it will be once SE release 2.3 for the X10 as they will be able to pull the camera drivers ;)

18. Godzilla311

Godzilla311 Lurker

There you go. And considering we here in the USA (at&t) were the last ones to get the official 2.1 just last week (May 31st; over half a year later than the rest of the world), I would put money on the fact that the USA will be the ones to not get it.

19. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

AT&T are the ones you guys need to blame and once you have gotten over your carrier being a doosh you need too de-brand the phone set it to worldwide generic and set yourself free. its not hard just read guide and follow the instructions.
    (Guide on this site not, looking again as i have reposted links a million times), get the updates as and when sony release them! no more waiting for your carrier to port over the junk apps that you never use that they seem to insist on putting on someone else's handset.. seriously Branding should NOT be allowed!! no one does it to the iphone so why do it to sony and everyone elses phones ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

20. beau420

beau420 Android Expert

iPhone 4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't think this is much different, except the iPhone has an hardware deal through Verizon. Prevents people from being allowed to be on a phone call and using the internet at the same time. Only through Verizon.

But yeah. Because Android is so open and willing to work with any cell provider, at least the Market isn't redirected to cell provider specific apps.

21. x10iii

x10iii Well-Known Member

any idea if vodafone are gonna release the 2.3 update?

22. beau420

beau420 Android Expert

Wait until you hear it is out for Sony....probably not for at least another month.....my guess is more.

Then add another few weeks to it before Vodafone approves Sony's release and makes sure it works on their x10s.

Either check in on this site...or check this page:

Xperia X10 | Product Launch Blog

23. brownang

brownang Lurker

I am in the same position. Your network provider may not have rolled it out. Mine is Orange TMobile and when I contacted them about pinch zoom they said my device hasn't got it yet. Very frustrating.

24. Hunted

Hunted Well-Known Member

seriously just de-brand your handset or forget about this update altogether...

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10