• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 apps playing at the same time

Hi,

i recenetly upgraded from my trusted s8 a slightly more modern s20.

i have one issue, that im hoping someone can help me with.

if im listening to something on youtube, if i then go to listen to something on another media app, be it spotify, soundcloud etc........

when i press play on the second app, they then both keep playing, so the app that was opened first doesnt close down when i start playing something else.

is there a way to just make the next app automatically take over from the previous one?

i really hope ive made that clear.

there is no setting that i know of that you can turn on and off this feature. on some phones it is automatic while on others it is not. on my note 10+ i would get this where youtube and sirius could possibly be playing at the same time unless i close one first to the play the other. on my z fold 3 it will stop the first from playing in order to play the other.......so i guess it depends on the device.....and i have not come across any settings for this.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
there is no setting that i know of that you can turn on and off this feature. on some phones it is automatic while on others it is not. on my note 10+ i would get this where youtube and sirius could possibly be playing at the same time unless i close one first to the play the other. on my z fold 3 it will stop the first from playing in order to play the other.......so i guess it depends on the device.....and i have not come across any settings for this.

i know its a first world problem, but that is an absolute pain in the backside.

but thanks for the info.

Upvote 0
You can try the following:

Open Developer Options.
Find Don't Keep Activities.

This will cause activities to cease when you leave them.

This can have annoying affects as well, but not serious and easy to remedy.
Screenshot_20220601-000313.png

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones