• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 finger scroll

Peelaa

Lurker
Aug 12, 2011
Hi, would it be possible (or has it already been done) for somebody to create an app that could allow me to scroll a window embedded into a web page. For example a text box like the one i am writing in now. This can currently be done using my trackpad but can only be done if i select some text inside the window however this is now always possible. I have searched the net but cannot find an answer. I know that the iphone can do it by swiping in the direction you wish to scroll with 2 fingers. This makes certain webpages unusable. The only example i can give of this at the moment (although there have been other occasions) is when selecting my fantasy football team on the daily star website i cannot scroll through the players avalible and cannot select any text inside the window to use the trackpad. Like i previously mentioned this can be done on an iphone by using 2 fingers to scroll
the window.
I thought this would have been sorted with my gingerbread update but unfortunatley not.
Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones