• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I dropped my phone , about 2 feet and my screen cracked . I am so mad right now . I called Sprint and they said I have to pay 100 to replace it. I don't understand why I am paying for insurance if I have to pay to replace it.
/rant

according to the terms of Sprints new warranty terms, you should be able to get this fixed without paying a penny. Check out this forum http://androidforums.com/sprint/206868-new-tep-policy.html

Upvote 0
Not to sound rude, but its your fault the screen cracked, which is why they make you pay the deductible. If the screen just stopped working it would be free replacement. Why should any company offer a free replacement when the damage was done because you were careless? Does your auto insurance give free repairs when you "accidentally" hit someone? no...

Reactions: cij1916
Upvote 0
I did not have a case, but I also hit ceramic tile. Still surprised it cracked because I couldn't imagine how it hit to have theimpact mark where it was.

And if I crack my windshield, it actually does get fixed for free, well to an extent. I think the beef is with the $100 though. That became a bit excessive over the past two years especially when all smartphones pretty much have higher rate planes than they used to. At almost $200/yr if you replace it once, you can almost buy one off of ebay or craigslist. In case of a screen crack, new screens at wholesale prices are probably fairly cheap, especially in the case where a center is just refurbishing the phone since they were switching them out. It's just a bit excessive which I think was his only complaint. Had it been $50, he might not be upset over something that is his own fault.

Upvote 0
With the recent changes, the only time you have to pay the deductible is if the phone is lost/stolen or liquid damaged or the board itself is physically damaged. A service center will swap it for free for a cracked screen.

or if your dog eats your gf's Epic. board wasn't damaged, it still turned on and booted up after i put my battery in it.

Upvote 0
Wow...so angry. And actually, he is far from the only one to think the $100 deductible is excessive, and guess what? It was, hence the plan has changed. So don't get md at the guy for expressing his frustration. It is disheartening to see that happen and realize you're out $100 when there were phones you paid more money for had a much lower deductible just a few years ago.

Reactions: Rileyy-
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones