• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 issues - 1 annoying , 1 weird ...

Hey guys

Got two really strange ones for you hope someone can help ...

1st

When I have my Captivate plugged in and charging with ringer volume on ( as in NOT on vibrate or silent) when it hits 100% it plays a "ringer"/ alarm tone that cant be turned off until it is unplugged and turned down. It also does this when I receive any kind of notification (SmS , Email, Trillian)but only when plugged in via USB. It is not intermittent , happens every time . Very annoying to say the least . Anyone else able to duplicate or experience this ?

btw : It is not the sound i have selected for those (or any) alert .

2nd

I keep wallpaper and icons on my SD along with a few TV shows etc . For some crazy reason the icons and wallpapers will get multiplied many times out of nowhere, For instance , lets say i have 10 wallpapers and 5 icons in separate folders . ill look later and the Icons will have doubled to 10 and the wallpapers to 20 , later still and they will as much as quadruple . If i delete and re add it acts OK for awhile then it happens again . Weird and annoying ! right now all of the wallpapers on my SD have 7 extra copies and the icons 8 . They all work and are usable but its driving me crazy to have 8 or 9 of each frickin wallpaper . NO OTHER FOLDERS DO THIS , the movies , camera pics and TV shows don't get reproduced . Ive tried renaming wallpaper to different things , No dice

btw : I thought it was the card , bought a new one (different class & size) still does it !

Running (leaked) Android 2.2 on my 2nd Captivate , had it since July ...

Thanks in advance

I've never heard of these issues, but, as much as I hate to be the one to bring it up, you're using a leaked (and therefore unfinished) ROM. I guess, if it were me, I'd go back to JH7 and see if the problems still exist. At least this way you'd isolate it to a phone problem or a ROM problem.

Once you do that, if the problems go away, then start watching what apps you put back on. Maybe one of them is causing it.

If the problems still exist with just JH7 before third-party apps, it's time to get it fixed/replaced, I think.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones