1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2 message programs? And mms pictures not showing up.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CcPunk28, Oct 3, 2014.

1. CcPunk28

CcPunk28 Lurker

Hey guys! Thanks for taking the time to check out my issues and trying to help.
    My first issue/question is about having two message programs. Whenever I send/receive a txt message it shows up in two different programs. I see that one program is from AT&T, but I don't know about the other one. Is this normal and is there a way to change it? I ask because it's a hassle always jumping back and forth between the two. Or if I want to delete a conversation I have to delete it twice, once in each program. I also have the same question for missed calls. I always get 2 notifications and have to check them both for them to disappear.

Alrighty, and my other problem is to do with receiving pictures in these mms programs. For a long time now it's worked fine, but suddenly only about 10% of images sent to me are showing up. In one message program it is just blank and in the other one it shows a weird icon that makes no sense at all. Anyone have any ideas what may have gone wrong? I deleted a Samsung account that was under settings-accounts because I don't remember setting it up and it seemed fishy and wanted to run an update. So there is a slight chance the problem is fixed, but I can't test it anyway right now. I will update this thread if I see that it's working.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it!! :)
    Colin

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. spicaalex

spicaalex Member

can you disable at&t messaging app by going into settings - app manager - all apps - find your at&t app - is there a disable button?

3. CcPunk28

CcPunk28 Lurker

I actually tried to delete it once and it wouldn't let me. Ok in app manager there is a force stop button I pressed.. which was pointless because it will start again. There is also an uninstall updates button and a checked box that says show notifications. I suppose I could uncheck that to maybe get one less notification, but I may not even get one. Hmmm I don't see anything that will make one of these things go away. I'm always bouncing back between the two based on how I access the incoming messages. I can't believe they give out the phones like this. Less computer/phone literate people may get really confused. Thanks for the idea though:) If ya got any other ideas, please let me know. I appreciate it a lot!

4. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

You will need to uninstall updates then you will have the option to disable.

5. CcPunk28

CcPunk28 Lurker

Alright, so that's the trick huh? I appreciate the help, but I just realized something... At&t Messaging has a voice-mail tab and the other program does not.. it's just txt's! So I'd probably not be able to get my voice mails if I went through with this. Man what a bummer! Thanks for the quick reply's and help.

Colin

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews