• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 month wait for this phone......

finnaginagain

Android Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2010
So as the title states i waited 2 months for the droid 3, I ordered it through work but it was on backorder and the date kept getting pushed further back. I finally received it Oct 4th with high and low expectations.
Coming from a Rooted Droid X running miui, not to mention all the problems people were having with the phone.

Need less to say its amazing.

I love the weight of the phone not to heavy not to light, I had the original Droid and i loved that thing so of course this is only a proper upgrade.

The keyboard is fantastic normally i just use the on screen keyboard, but this thing feels so good and easy to use. One of the best physical keyboards i have ever used.

Last but not least the screen, i kept hearing how compared to the droid x it looked like garbage and the qHD was terrible. Who comes up with this crap? the screen is bright and vibrant, i can actually see it in direct sunlight as compared to my Droid X.

Just thought i would share my thoughts too anyone thinking about getting the droid 3. get it if you want android and dont need 4g

Also 4g is not in my area yet plus i will wait till next year when maybe the nexus prime comes out or a better selection of 4g phones.

cant wait till some amazing roms come out for this baby!

++ the Camera on this thing is also fantastic, Droid X would take terrible Macro shots. The Droid 3 however they look amazing just thought i would add that in also.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones