• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 more lockups tonight and no youtube

DigiPimp

Dec 16, 2009
so tonight with a bad signal my battery drained 60% in just 2 and a half hours, thats not usage time, thats just standby time as well. i got 2 more lockups and im now getting the problem with the youtube videos not playing as well.

i think its time to return this phone and try another eris for the last 2 weeks before i decide to just return it all together and go back to the iphone.

so tonight with a bad signal my battery drained 60% in just 2 and a half hours, thats not usage time, thats just standby time as well. i got 2 more lockups and im now getting the problem with the youtube videos not playing as well.

i think its time to return this phone and try another eris for the last 2 weeks before i decide to just return it all together and go back to the iphone.

With Android 1.5 you really need TasKiller or Advanced Task Manager.

What tasks are running during this time?

Have you gone through this stuff?

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/19176-optimize-your-droid-eris-battery-life-read.html

I have to think that you have some processes running that are a) hogging memory and b) conflicting with other programs.

This is a computer. It's easy to install programs that don't work well together. Handcent SMS will crash you and hog your resources if you don't set it up right. So will an AIM or Facebook chat application, your e-mail applications with their syncing, a Facebook app in general, your GPS being turned on, and other things.

Upvote 0
With Android 1.5 you really need TasKiller or Advanced Task Manager.

What tasks are running during this time?

Have you gone through this stuff?

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/19176-optimize-your-droid-eris-battery-life-read.html

I have to think that you have some processes running that are a) hogging memory and b) conflicting with other programs.

This is a computer. It's easy to install programs that don't work well together. Handcent SMS will crash you and hog your resources if you don't set it up right. So will an AIM or Facebook chat application, your e-mail applications with their syncing, a Facebook app in general, your GPS being turned on, and other things.

thanks for the tips and i have done all of that, i have very little running on the phone and the task killer kills a lot of it every hour. its just simply the horrible signal that we get around this part of the state apparently that drains the battery in amazingly fast time. at home on wifi it still drains faster than i like, but wont go from 100 to nearly zero in about 3 hours like it does out around town. my signal is coming in at near 100 and thats in the middle of town.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones