• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 Questions about ICS

HOTHEAD

Nov 6, 2009
I'll keep this short.

1. Can I locate the Gingerbread Gallery app anywhere? I dont want to see social media pics, cloud pics, online storage,or any of that. I just want to press the gallery icon and be able to see folders with pics or video.

2. I am having trouble opening tabs on websites. For lack of explaining it better, if I'm on a website and want to use a link within that site, I get a message saying I can not open another tab or something like that. I want to leave current page and go to link but it wont let me.
I also frequent a page that has a stats tab, and when I try to open it (with other phones, the stats have popped up over part of the page) it just does not react at all.

I know this is vague, but I'm tired of playing with my phones. I just want simple at this point.

Thank you

ETA: Is there any good "clean up" apps for an unrooted phone? like I said I'm just burned out with rooting, roming, ect.

1. Try QuickPic. I use that as my default gallery now because I really hate the stock option. You can set it up to only display certain folders, so if you want, you can hide all the other folders of images and when you open this app, you will only see your so-called "Gingerbread Gallery".
2. Are you using the stock browser for this? Try Dolphin HD or Chrome to see if it happens there too. I use Dolphin as my defualt browser, but I have others installed since there are issues with Flash on most of them now :(

Upvote 0
1: I use the app Gallery ICS it is much like the gallery viewer from my old motorola triumph and divides everything into folders that you can easily create yourself when connecting to a copmuter. And it is almost exactly as you describe, no social media garbage and no online storage blah blah

Gallery ICS

2: I ran into this as well I was sooo confused but after staring at it for 10 minutes figured it out. scroll to the top to make your address bar show up, and right next to the address bar on the right there is a button.. press that and it will list all open tabs, just swipe them away and all should be good

3: not sure on those apps, haven't really played around with any cleaners, except the widget one that you get get with go ex launcher pro, that works alright.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: HOTHEAD
Upvote 0
1: I use the app Gallery ICS it is much like the gallery viewer from my old motorola triumph and divides everything into folders that you can easily create yourself when connecting to a copmuter. And it is almost exactly as you describe, no social media garbage and no online storage blah blah

Gallery ICS

2: I ran into this as well I was sooo confused but after staring at it for 10 minutes figured it out. scroll to the top to make your address bar show up, and right next to the address bar on the right there is a button.. press that and it will list all open tabs, just swipe them away and all should be good

3: not sure on those apps, haven't really played around with any cleaners, except the widget one that you get get with go ex launcher pro, that works alright.

Hope that helps!

Thank you VERY much, you nailed it. Quick easy fix for both issues, thanks:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones