1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2 questions about my ZTE phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by reble, Dec 24, 2015.

1. reble

reble Android Enthusiast

1st off I am in a hole as far as Boost mobile goes. There is no nearby towers. I only have 1 sometimes 2 signal bars at home inside. Phone calls and txt messages come through fine. But if I want to do anything on the phone internet wise. Like d/l an app or something I have to turn on the wifi connection to my home internet router. The phone works fine in all respects.
    1st question. When I turn the wifi on or I am near enough to a cell tower to have full signal bars. I see faintly in the background behind the icons on the phones desktop about 5 to 7 columns of fast scrolling random numbers, letters and symbols. It concerns me that my phone mite be bugged, someone doing phone scams using my number or whatever.

2nd question. Every time I turn on the wifi or I get near enough to a cell tower. I get app's taking up battery power by doing auto updates. How do I stop those app's from doing auto updates? Location mode is in manual over ride and turned off. I only turn that on when I need to grab a gps coordinates then I turn it off again. Email sync is also turned off. I don't know what else to do. To turn off those auto app updates.

Steve

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

You turn off auto updates in your Google play Store settings. Open the okay store, slide open your menu and scroll down to settings.

As far as the first part, I don't think I can help you. I do prefer to be on WiFi so I don't use up all my data but I don't know what plan you are on so that might not be a concern for you.

Are you using some kind of live wallpaper?

3. bcrichster

bcrichster ROMinator

Maybe an app displaying data traffic..??

4. reble

reble Android Enthusiast

I have unlimited data, voice and internet anywere in the USA for a flat monthly rate of $40.00. The trade off is Boost Mobile doesn't have as many towers around town as the big cell companies do. That' one of the reasons that I have my RCI-2950 and a Yeasu FT-8900r in my minivan in case I get stuck far from home. 2 times in the past 6 months I had a major break down. They both happened close enough to home that I could easly walk home. The tranny went belly up, got that fixed and now the alternator. I must have a guardian angel.

5. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

You do know your data will get throttled right?
    The unlimited without throttle is 60 bucks a month. @reble

6. reble

reble Android Enthusiast

I don't use any live wallpaper. And I keep all app's shut off that aren't need for basic phone functions and to receive and send voice calls or txt messages. I am not a chatterbox type of phone user. To me a cell phone is a tool like any other 2 way radio. As I see it a cell phone isn't an extension of the backyard telegraph. Yes I will play games on it while I wait like at a doctors office. That's just how I feel about cell phones, just an other tool. Just for the giggles of it I know a retired airline pilot. He 1st learn to fly in a Curtiss JN-4 byplane. Now that he is retired he has gone full circle. He won't touch or use a calculator, a cell phone, a computer or anything like that. He does everything by hand with a pen and paper and is never wrong on the calculations. He is around 65 years old and holds 2 PHD's

"Are you using some kind of live wallpaper?"

7. reble

reble Android Enthusiast

"unlimited without throttle is 60 bucks a month" Whats that?

8. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

You only get so much high speed data. It depends on your plan, unless you have the 60 dollar plan which is truly unlimited.
    For example, I'm on the 45 dollar plan that gives me 5 gb of unlimited high speed data (I get an extra 2 gigs for free from a promotion so 7 total), after the 7 gigs is used my data gets throttled or slowed to 2G speeds.

9. reble

reble Android Enthusiast

I don't know about how many unlimited high speed data gb's I have. All I know is the phone does what I need right now. Like I said before I am not constantly on the phone running my battery down like this kids this days do. My god son is 10 years old. he got his 1st cell phone/Android tablet for Christmas this year. I don't think he is ready for that kind of responsibility. I am always fixing the toys and other things he has because he don't take care of them. I have other things to do then be on the phone all the time.
    I am the head of hospitality food stand at Radcon Science-Fi/Fantasy convention every year in Feb. and I am trying a new thing at the Radcon art show this year. Retro ascii art. Sorry if I got on my soap box.

10. greenghost2212

greenghost2212 Android Enthusiast

Unless you are paying 60 dollars a month your Internet is gonna get slowed down.

11. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

Only if the OP uses all of their alloted data.

12. reble

reble Android Enthusiast

once in a blue moon like if I am sitting in a doctors office waiting on a friend that I drove to the doctors office for an appoiment. I will watch a YouTube tv prog like Rat Patrol. Thats about the only time I will use any big amounts of data minutes. If I am looking for an app to put on the phone. I do the hunting at home on my laptop. Then d/l via the wifi connection to the phone.

ZTE Warp 4G Forum

The ZTE Warp 4G release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2070mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews