• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 Questions on AT&T Tab.

MJBarnes

Jun 12, 2010
Although I like the flexibility of the plans on the AT&T Tab, I have 2 nagging issues.

#1. Anyone been able to register theirs? Samsung.com/register does not recognize my IMEI as a valid IMEI number and will not let me register.

#2. Side loading apps. I have the wonder side loading machine or whatever it is called, but I guess I cannot fund the correct USB drivers since the device is never recognized.

AT&T blocking non-market apps on the Tab is a little frustrating.

Thanks.

OK, back to the registration.

Product Group: Mobile
Category: Galaxy Tab

The sub category, etc are blocked but when I enter my IMEI it says I must enter a sub category, but I cannot since it is blocked.

Is there something special to get the IMEI to take? I am taking mine directly from the settings, about, system within the galaxy tab and I have tried 20+ times and it constantly says it is an invalid IMEI.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I have been having the same problem, I emailed site support about it and this is what they said:

Dear Binaryhellstorm,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Electronics.

With reference to your email, we understand you are unable to register your Galaxy tab in the Samsung
Website.
We are sorry to inform you currently there is some technical problem with the site. The site is under
maintenance and some necessary changes are made. So, recommend you contact our phone support at 1-
800-SAMSUNG (726-7864)any day between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 P.M, EST so that they can register the product
from our end.
If you require any further information, please feel free to contact us.

I haven't called to register it yet, but as of yesterday the site was still broken.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones