1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root 2 questions...please be gentle

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Diesektor, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Diesektor

Diesektor Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Ok, rooted and tried a couple ROM's now, currently using fresh v.2 with updated radio. My first question is will it matter at all if I keep more than one ROM on my SD card, so that I can switch at any time using ROM manager w/o needing a computer and secondly, are there any detrimental effects to my phone if I keep rewiping and flashing different ROM's to it? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. Oridus

Oridus Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Wisconsin
    No and no, simple answer. Fishing is fun, do it as often as you need. I remember my windows mobile phone. Over five hundred flashes in a four month time period. Ran like a champ.

Diesektor likes this.
  3. Diesektor

Diesektor Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Outstanding, and thank you very much for the swift reply!

4. arozer

arozer Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Just made sure you clear the cache and dalvik the cache before flashing another rom. Otherwise you'll keep repeating the sprint logo over and over and over and.. at rebooting. =]

5. joeyv69ragtop

joeyv69ragtop Member

May 20, 2010
    Developer
    Buffalo, NY
    ...and over and over and over. Thought I killed my phone the first time it happened. Then it happened 5 more times because I got anxious and forgot to wipe the cache. Maybe I've learned something and I'll remember to wipe the cache before flashing again. or not.

6. digo21

digo21 Active Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Hi guys I am new to rooting as well and I have a question that I didn't want to start a new thread over it. I am on step number 32 and when I go to apply the sd card update I get an error message and ideas on what the problem might be?

Tags: