1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 2 questions

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    I have a HTC M1 phone and I have 2 important questions as it is really starting to bug me to the point I might switch back to Apple even.

1) I usually power down the phone at night and many times I lose my settings on the phone as the ringer is back to silent, the auto rotate on the is off, etc. I think it due to the some time a Android update but is there anything I can do ?

2) I use Gmail and the auto fill for the email address of the I want to send to stopped working. This very annoying as I have to manually type in email address since even the address work is not working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tony

Advertisement

2. hjterry

hjterry Newbie
    None

Apr 19, 2016
    HTC M1? I don't think that exists

3. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

Jan 11, 2013
    They are very strange issues.

I'm going to suggest you try a factory reset. This will erase everything from the phone however, my other suggestion is sending it for a warranty repair and before you do that, they almost invariably insist you try a factor reset first ..

BEFORE YOU DO THE FACTORY RESET, be sure to back everything up that you have on the phone - ensure your contacts, calendar etc etc are being backed up to Google (or HTC if they provide that sort of service) and copy all videos, photos, songs, documents etc etc to a PC using your USB cable.

If the phone is still under warranty I would look into getting it repaired.