1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 2 Quick questions...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bradyey, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Bradyey

Bradyey Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    Hello, relative Android newb here... 2 things... :)

A while ago I was intending to uninstall an app on my phone when I accidentally uninstalled what seems like a Samsung stock app (Phone isn't Rooted).
    I'm not sure if this is a problem, the only thing I have seen changed is that I don't receive any 'live' FB or Email notifications anymore...I don't even know what App I deleted but perhaps you may know? :/
    *I realise this is quite a vague statement, but all I know is that the app started with Samsung, lol.

Secondly, I was toying with the volume settings before... I used to be able to control both the ringer and the notifications volume at the same time via the +/- on side of the phone... And now I seem to be able to only change the incoming call volume and have to set the notifications volume separately?

I realise these are trivial, and the first is probably a pointless wall of text...
    But just thought I would ask.. No searches I've done have given any close results and it's 4am here... I need some sleep.

Thanks!
    Just re-reading my post makes me feel like a douche... argh

Advertisement

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    Hi!

If you deleted something without root access then it should be reinstallable, either via Samsung Apps or Android Market. All you (or we) have to do now is work out what is is! :)

On the notification volume issue, Mine works the same way i.e. the VOL rocker only affects "Incoming call" volume.

3. Bradyey

Bradyey Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    Hey, thanks for the reply!
    Pretty much what I thought in regards to point #1... Look on Samsungapps.com, no luck yet, will look on Android Market.
    And I think I fixed point #2!
    SO yeah, thankyou :)

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    You found a hidden setting? Do tell! :cool:

5. Bradyey

Bradyey Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    Ok, well, all I seemed to do was set the incoming call volume and the notifications volume to the same level. I then turned the volume down, text messaged myself and no notification sound... I then turned the volume up, text messaged myself again, and the notification sound played... I really can't think of anything different I did!

Slug likes this.
  6. semus

semus Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Male
    100th post :)

I know its a long shot, but maybe the app you deleted had nothing to do with problem you are describing, see if you just turned the auto-sync off around the time you deleted the app, and thats why it seems connected:

Go to settings\accounts and sync\ and then check if both background data and auto-sync are ticked, if not then it might be it.

Hope it helps..