• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 SD Cards/How to set up????

jimt68

Dec 2, 2009
I have a Droid Razr and two sd cards. I am confused about how to get it to read the correct data from each card. As you probably know, the top left slot contains the internal card...correct? This card is reading all my previously owned apps, however, my backed up data is saved on the external card. Therefore, I can't figure out how to get my phone to restore saved data, i.e. all of my Tasker profiles, reminders, alarm settings, etc. Also my music is stored on my external card. But my phone has no problem seeing my music. So I have a few questions:

1) how to get phone to restore backed up app data from ext. sd card?
2) Can I have one card dedicated to music only and the other card for apps?
3) Can I switch the cards, moving the ext sd card to the top slot?
4) Can I swithch data between cards via my computer?

1) how to get phone to restore backed up app data from ext. sd card?

Generally this can be done using titanium backup to restore saved data. only when rooted, the sd card may need to be installed before the app is installed so it can install its folder on the SDCARD, and since it is already there it may try and restore data from that folder if it is already there. (its a theory, not sure it would work)

2) Can I have one card dedicated to music only and the other card for apps?

Yes, however this is not a good idea as moving sdcards too much can result in faulty readings of sdcards, and they may become corrupt.

3) Can I switch the cards, moving the ext sd card to the top slot?

Not sure i understand this question, each sdcard is the same. the system names them what it needs to read properly

4) Can I swithch data between cards via my computer?

Yes you can as long as you have the sdcard data usb transfer stick, or the sdcard in your device and you transfer it via usb cable.

hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones