1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 2 Sense Clock/Weather Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Philadelph, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Philadelph

Philadelph Newbie

So here are a couple of questions: On my girlfriend's HTC EVO 4g- how do you get the standard clock/weather back on the home screen if you delete it?

Second- the reason it was deleted was that it randomly shows her time and location as spots in Eastern Europe rather than the Eastern US which it should be. Like right now it shows up as Vilnius where it's 12 degrees and snowing and apparently almost 6 pm. We tried changing the automatic location, turning GPS on then off, manually entering her location (can't even get our city to show up), etc. Now with no clock/weather widget on the home screen her clock still shows the wrong time... Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Philadelph

Philadelph Newbie

UPDATE: we got the clock back on the home screen and it is now showing the correct location... but it still says that it is snowing and 12 degrees, but it's actually 36 and sunny here...

Regardless- it shouldn't be showing up with Eastern European locations at all. I've read elsewhere that others have had this problem too. Not good when the alarm clock relies on it.

3. Philadelph

Philadelph Newbie

Well if anyone else has this problem and comes across this thread- she called Sprint. Had to boot to the hboot and do a clear storage then re-do everything on the phone. For now the weather and time sync are working fine, but they said if it continues it might be a software issue in which case they'd replace the phone.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

If the issue continues I suggest running the RUU. Sprint can do this in store as well. It replaces everything on the phone..a true full wipe and reload of the software.

There are many threads on this subject..(search "Paris") and i am of the belief that something went haywire with the last software update that is causing it.

In most case what sprint had you do fixes it...in others it comes back.

Philadelph likes this.
Tags: