• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 side panels appears since Android Pie update

Hello,
Since PIE update I have an annoying problem.
2 side bars similar to edge sidebar (when its closed) appears on my screen (see screenshots).

Theese two bars don't have any actions and can't be swiped., but make little vibrate on swipe.

The main problem is the right sidebar is too close of the send button (messages/whatsapp & messenger) and make half of it don't react (and send message on click).

Here is my observations :
- it's shown over all elements (desktop, app list, all applications)
- it's not visible on lock screen
- it don't show up in Android safe mode

I've dig for hours, and try several methods without success :
- reboot (look stupid, but must be said :))
- disable the real Edge sidebar
- disable Samsung Pay
- remove autorisations for ALL apps to overlay on other apps (screenshot)
- change default keyboard (with swiftkey & Gboard)

I've turn my display to night theme to highlight these sidebar, but they're still there in day mode.

I'm now out of idea... the fact it don't show up in safe mode would orient me to app issue. But due to overlay settings no apps are supposed to being able to do this (except secure folders that can't be disabled)... I have many apps it would be painful to remove /reinstall them...

Did anyone already faces similar issue?
Any idea on how to fix it, or where to dig for?

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedbacks, any help will be highly appreciated :)

Benoît

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones