• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2 text message notifications

Speg

Lurker
Aug 9, 2010
Ok. So I've had the phone for a week. Loving it. I didn't like how short the vibration was so I downloaded the "missed call" app. It allows me to customize it. Awesome!

Now, when I get a text, I get the normal square speech balloon in the notifications bar, but I also get a contact card and a red circle indicating 1.

The missed call app has nothing about notification for SMS. Just LED and vib and sounds. So I don't know if this app caused it. I closed it down and it still shows up.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here?

Ok. So I've had the phone for a week. Loving it. I didn't like how short the vibration was so I downloaded the "missed call" app. It allows me to customize it. Awesome!

Now, when I get a text, I get the normal square speech balloon in the notifications bar, but I also get a contact card and a red circle indicating 1.

The missed call app has nothing about notification for SMS. Just LED and vib and sounds. So I don't know if this app caused it. I closed it down and it still shows up.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here?

Yes you need to go in the default app and uncheck the box that says auto retrieve. Or if your phone is rooted you can just remove it by deleting it ;) less clutter in your box :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones