1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root 2 Things That Make me Want to go IPhone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yoyocallmemj, Feb 25, 2011.

1. yoyocallmemj

yoyocallmemj Newbie
    None

Sep 27, 2010
    I have been extremely happy with my phone aside from these two things.

1. As I've mentioned previously, the time on my eb01 voodoo'd fascinate is always wrong when I wake up in the morning. Doesn't matter if I have it on automatic or manual. It's also been wrong at times throughout the day until I reboot my phone. How hard is it to have a phone with the correct damn time?

2. I cannot receive picture messages on wifi. The message just says "downloading" FOREVER. It's been suggested to turn off wifi. I turn off wifi, and the picture still doesn't come. If I have the person resend the picture to me while I'm solely on 3G, sometimes the picture will come. But it's really annoying because I keep my wifi on all the time (for obvious) reasons and every single time I have to tell the person to resend the damn picture and they get pissed off.

Advertisement

2. skooternb

skooternb Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    New York
    I'd say those are pretty menial problems which should be fixable rather easily (especially the clock feature... have you disabled the network provided time?)... I did the switch from iPhone to Android and I couldn't be happier with the speed and abilities that the Fascinate has. I would never want to be tied to a specific computer or piece of software again.

3. yoyocallmemj

yoyocallmemj Newbie
    None

Sep 27, 2010
    You're right, but they haven't been fixed yet... I did try to disable the network provided time. That's what I meant by automatic. It didn't help.

I agree, the Android is faster, more customizable, and other than my two problems, I wouldn't want to switch to Iphone. However, these are two big things to me because well I depend on my phone for the correct time and I also receive picture messages pretty frequently...well I used to, people still try to send them, but they never come through.

4. Jake_Mongoose

Jake_Mongoose Member
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Male
    Montgomery, AL
    No gapless audio playback on Android. Soon as I can, I'm ditching this for an iPhone.

5. tgulch22

tgulch22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    Paramedic
    Perrysburg, OH
    Try a full wipe and re install. I am not having the problems at all, and if it still happens, go back to stock and call verizon and tell them you just did a system reset (it will show up that you just reactivated the phone and they will beleive you) and you can get a warrantied phone..it might be a hardware issue, though I doubt it, probably some software flashing issue...

6. nunyazz

nunyazz Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    You have something wrong with your phone or ROM. Haven't seen anyone else with those issues. Flash back to http://androidforums.com/fascinate-all-things-root/238460-di01-odin-fix-all.html, it that doesn't fix it, your phone is the problem.

7. greenmunky

greenmunky Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Craft Beer Provider
    Spring, TX
    I say report the problems to customer support and have them send you a "new" device. Just Odin back to stock before you send it in.

8. hopelesscurse

hopelesscurse Newbie
    None

Dec 5, 2010
    Working at AT&T in the iphone tech lines...I HIGHLY recommend NOT getting iphone. thats all. All in all, its just your waste of money. (BTW doesn't matter if VZW or ATT iphone, both are junk)

9. jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 3, 2010
    lets be clear.....

you are comparing EB01 which is unofficial and unreleased to an iPhone? how many custom roms and unreleased operating systems and how many options does the iPhone have? how well do they run? yeah.....

you don't have those problems on an official os. I don't have those problems on EB01 Superclean either. Maybe you can get the custom rom cooks for the iPhone make you something less gay than the iPhone stock rom? nope

10. nklenchik

nklenchik Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 23, 2010
    Student
    Yew Nork
    Lol yeah sureee, because OTA updates are always concrete :rolleyes:

11. sinborn

sinborn Lurker
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    This is huge IMO. I won't go back to iphone, but seriously, how hard is it to have gapless playback? I remember bitching about this with media players on my PC, it just blows my mind they can't seamlessly go from one mp3 file to the next, without an audio gap.....

12. jamesnmandy

None

Sep 3, 2010
    Amazing that an half second audio gap is enough for people to spend hundreds of dollars on a different phone. This is a phone. Maybe you should be buying an ipod?

13. jamesnmandy

None

Sep 3, 2010

Eb01 is an unofficial unreleased rom. He is comparing two relatively benign items that don't work exactly right for some people on an unofficial unreleased rom to a stock iPhone. Hardly apples to apples.

14. nklenchik

None

Sep 23, 2010
    Student
    Yew Nork
    Using PowerAMP, I don't even notice a gap between songs.

15. greenmunky

greenmunky Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Craft Beer Provider
    Spring, TX
    I use PowerAMP as well and whether its going from one song to the next on a playlist or hitting the next button, I notice no significant gap between tracks. Love it.

16. nklenchik

None

Sep 23, 2010
    Student
    Yew Nork
    That was the first thing I noticed with it too lol.

17. Piiman

Piiman Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    Well since these two things seem to only happen on your phone perhaps its your phone. Have you tried to have VZW replace it?

Or if you've flashed a ROM (which I believe you have) try a different one or go back to the one that worked.

18. Henweigh

Henweigh Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 18, 2010
    I don't have this problem happening all the time, but since going eb01, themed, and voodoo (actually before voodoo I think, but after I went eb01), I also have noticed the time being messed up. The time on the lock screen will be accurate, but the time on the status bar at the top will be wrong, frozen I believe. It's happened to me 2 or 3 times that I've noticed.

19. yoyocallmemj

yoyocallmemj Newbie
    None

Sep 27, 2010
    It's not just MY phone - many people have had the same issue.

20. ezas

ezas Lurker
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    when I went to SC 2.6 the next morning I noticed my phone was off about about an 1hr+

I turned off automatic time. Turned it back on (no change) then rebooted the phone and it's been fine since with time set to automatic. Watching it closely for the time being.

I have this old fashioned thing called an alarm clock. So no hardship not using the phone as one.

But yeah there has been people with time problems but I haven't read up on them yet. A search at some of the forums will turn up some threads.

21. Piiman

Piiman Android Expert
    None

May 28, 2010
    So you want to get an iPhone because a ROM (beta) you flashed doesn't keep time properly for you? Why don't you just go back to a ROM that kept time? Using that as a reason to want an iPhone doesn't make sense, unless you really just want an iPhone.

22. blackholeslam

blackholeslam Lurker
    None

Oct 29, 2010
    okay genius OP to get pictures verizon does not allow media downloads on wifi turn on data and boom u got pictures come to xda to see real answers to meaningless threads

23. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert
    None

Aug 16, 2010
    NJ
    xda is the not the end all, be all to forums (although i consider myself among the more active posters there :cool:)....threads like this are common among various forums and i prefer they stay here than in a "development" forum

24. alnova1

alnova1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 7, 2009
    Virginia
    Junk...yes when it was on AT&T...the network DOES MATTER...

25. DaleV

DaleV Newbie
    None

Mar 12, 2011
    Militart
    GA
    In the XDA forums for the Fascinate there is a zip download fix for that i had the same problem. so when i went to SC 2.9 i downloaded and installed this fix, Works great now.

EDIT: had problems with it after i installed, did a reboot and good to go. so after install from clockwork, and boot is finished, reboot and you should be good.