• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 2000mah Andida battery

It took a while, but I finally got it. Rather cheesy covering to it, but it feels just as substantial and well made as the OEM battery.

So far (on my first cycle) it appears to be performing about as well, maybe lasting a little longer. But from what I hear, it takes a few cycles before the battery begins to perform up to full potential. If anything, if it performs at least as well as OEM it's a good deal. Plus, the obostore offers some other useful items. I got a compatible USB battery charger and a retractable USB cable, seriously cheap but decently made. The charger works really well. It's nice being able to get the battery charged without having to be in the phone, so you can be using your phone while your spare gets charged up.

Upvote 0
still waiting for my battery. not odd considering it's sent from HK, but OBOStore needs to seriously get it together. Anytime I go to look at status or see details of my account online, nada. contacted them numerous times and they have been less than helpful. as it stands, no idea if they sent it, where it's at, etc.

Upvote 0
The package is well sealed and professionally addressed (printed, not handwritten). So, it should make it to you eventually. I think it took about 2 weeks for me. I've also had some things take 4 weeks, from HK. I'm guessing the first leg of the trip was by sea, and then by plane. For an item of this size, it shouldn't be going by sea/ground the whole way... but it's possible for various factors to change the method/route periodically, so it's not 100% consistent.

Upvote 0
Well, I haven't gone through a full cycle yet, because I got into rooting my phone and doing all kinds of adjustments while connected via USB.

But I did spend a few hours unplugged and used a few apps on the phone, some with a little data use. I didn't drop but 4 battery points across those few hours. Also, I went for a stretch of 4 hours with the phone sitting idle. It dropped 1 battery point. Overall, it seems to be at least as good as OEM if not a little better. I'm very glad I got this battery... hope it stays that way. ;)

Upvote 0
The package is well sealed and professionally addressed (printed, not handwritten). So, it should make it to you eventually. I think it took about 2 weeks for me. I've also had some things take 4 weeks, from HK. I'm guessing the first leg of the trip was by sea, and then by plane. For an item of this size, it shouldn't be going by sea/ground the whole way... but it's possible for various factors to change the method/route periodically, so it's not 100% consistent.
Figured it would. Certainly not my first 'direct from china' purchase. web problems just seemed suspect. they have since confirmed that they can't update status when paid via paypal on their website. They also have one or multiple ebay seller storefronts as well.

waiting...

also ordered a hero stand w/ dual battery charger from china. let's see which one gets here first!

Upvote 0
also ordered a hero stand w/ dual battery charger from china. let's see which one gets here first!

If I may ask, where did you order the stand from?

BTW- I also ordered this same battery from OBOStore. I've been using mine for about six weeks now and find it to be a noticeable improvement over the stck OEM battery. $9 well spent!

--ryan

Upvote 0
Got my battery... so far so good!

I got th: USB Cradle Desktop Charger w/ Battery Slot For HTC Hero for $15.99, free s&h. it has a picture that doesn't look like the sprint hero, but it says sprint cdma hero only so we shall see. one thing i noticed from the pic is it doesn't have the plastic sides in the holster area which may be good since I'm hoping to fit my phone in it w/o taking off it's skin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Cradle-Desk...590608?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item45f6c10e10

Reactions: johnnaryry
Upvote 0
BTW- I also ordered this same battery from OBOStore. I've been using mine for about six weeks now and find it to be a noticeable improvement over the stck OEM battery. $9 well spent!

--ryan

Ryan, have you ever let your phone drop below 25% charged? I've noticed that once my phone passes below this level, the battery charge drops off rather quickly. Faster than the OEM battery. The behavior prior to this shows a slight improvement over OEM, but this drop-off is a bit disconcerting. I'm hoping that it's just a temporary thing, that as the battery gets used more, this will "iron out" by itself...

Anybody else here having an Andida battery for at least a few months see this kind of behavior?

Reactions: johnnaryry
Upvote 0
Ryan, have you ever let your phone drop below 25% charged? I've noticed that once my phone passes below this level, the battery charge drops off rather quickly. Faster than the OEM battery. The behavior prior to this shows a slight improvement over OEM, but this drop-off is a bit disconcerting. I'm hoping that it's just a temporary thing, that as the battery gets used more, this will "iron out" by itself...

Anybody else here having an Andida battery for at least a few months see this kind of behavior?

The lowest I can recall getting it down to is about 27%. I'm fairly obsessive about docking or charging my phone whenever the opportunity presents itself, so if I see it's below 50% I go into 'panic mode' looking for an outlet. Since installing this battery, I've noticed a significant increase in the time it takes for it to drop from 100% to 50%. To my observation, it seems to have roughly doubled. I will be on the road out of state for Thanksgiving Wednesday and Thursday, so that will be a good chance to observe my phone's behaviour and see what happens when (if) it gets that low.

My phone is stock 2.1 with all of the official Sprint and HTC and patches updates applied. I also run Advanced Task Killer (set to auto kill at 30 minute intervals) and have used Quick System Info to tweak the UI. I keep Bluetooth and wifi turned off if I'm not using them.

--ryan

Reactions: xevious
Upvote 0
Got my battery... so far so good!

I got th: USB Cradle Desktop Charger w/ Battery Slot For HTC Hero for $15.99, free s&h. it has a picture that doesn't look like the sprint hero, but it says sprint cdma hero only so we shall see. one thing i noticed from the pic is it doesn't have the plastic sides in the holster area which may be good since I'm hoping to fit my phone in it w/o taking off it's skin.

USB Cradle Desktop Charger w/ Battery Slot For HTC Hero - eBay (item 300492590608 end time Dec-12-10 18:52:48 PST)

I'm using this dock from Amazon on my beside table. It perfectly usable with most skins and cases. However, it does not have a slot for an extra battery.

--ryan

Upvote 0
The lowest I can recall getting it down to is about 27%. I'm fairly obsessive about docking or charging my phone whenever the opportunity presents itself, so if I see it's below 50% I go into 'panic mode' looking for an outlet. Since installing this battery, I've noticed a significant increase in the time it takes for it to drop from 100% to 50%. To my observation, it seems to have roughly doubled. I will be on the road out of state for Thanksgiving Wednesday and Thursday, so that will be a good chance to observe my phone's behaviour and see what happens when (if) it gets that low.

Well that's good to know. I think you've been able to bypass this behavior by keeping your phone from going below 25% charged. I had yet another significant showing of battery level drop this morning. My phone was at 40% prior to going to sleep. I set an alarm on my phone, which turned out to be a little early for what it should have been... I slept through it for about 20 minutes. When I finally picked up my phone, it was at 14% with a low battery warning. It seems like playing sound files through the speaker drains the battery quite a bit, coupled with the Andida drop-off below 25% made things worse.

Upvote 0
bettery is no longer than the stock, IMO. Not that it's a bad thing. I am getting anywhere from 24 to 36 hours on the stock running NFX Hero 2.2.1 update 1, w/ 691 + Zen Kernel; most bloat removed; battery calibrated (well not this new one, but the stock batt). Noticed too that once it hits 25%ish, it starts sliding down real quick!

not bad for $9; looking forward to new charger... and some new bad a$$ed qualcomm dual core snapdragon SoC action to hit around 03/11, ohhhh yeah. :D

Upvote 0
do NOT buy that charger i posted. the spare battery bay is too small and can't accomodate the OEM or this battery. I feared this after reading a few reviews of similar dual chargers on Amazon, but this one said, 'for sprint hero) so one would think...

now i have to return to china and take buyer's 'word' that he'll reimburse shipping as I told him that despite the return policy, shipping cost is BS as item was not as described.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones