• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2003 Exchange server - Desire

I haven't been able to get the native exchange active sync email client to connect with my corporate email running in exchange 2003 sp2. I keep getting error "Authentication failed. Please verify user name and/or password." I have the right server address, username and password as they work using K9, this doesn't give me the full calendar and contacts support I am after. Any help will be appreciated.

I don't know if K9 uses ActiveSync, but I do know that your Exchange account specifically has to have ActiveSync enabled. I've just got it working with my work email, but it wouldn't until they enabled it, because they also setup some extra security protocols.
The phone now has to have a 6-digit PIN renewable every 60 days, (which will wipe the phone after 8 wrong attempts), and the ability for my IT administrator to remotely wipe the phone if it gets lost.

Upvote 0
Thanks SiHa,

K9 polls the server so it pulls emails rather than have them pushed from the server, this uses a significant amount of battery if I set to poll every 30 minutes! Our IT support has been trying to resolve the problem with Active Sync but has had no luck. I am looking for any advice I can give hom to get it working.

Feel free to email me and I am sure I can help as I have a few exchange servers using desire!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones