• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2012 NBA Playoffs

That's really not a quantifiable reason they can win 4 straight when the only game they won was 4 losses ago. Good teams win close games.

Quantifiable reason? I'm not trying to prove a scientific hypothesis here. Lol. I could say I think the thunder could win three games in a row because I like their jersey color and it would still be valid statement. Besides im pretty sure I said its unlikely for them to win.

Upvote 0
Quantifiable reason? I'm not trying to prove a scientific hypothesis here. Lol. I could say I think the thunder could win three games in a row because I like their jersey color and it would still be valid statement. Besides im pretty sure I said its unlikely for them to win.

No but I get tired of people throwing out statements with zero support. It's easy to do and makes having an adult conversation difficult. Sure, you can say you think they will win three based on the color of their jersey and it would have had more credibility than what was said.

Upvote 0
No but I get tired of people throwing out statements with zero support. It's easy to do and makes having an adult conversation difficult.
Not all support have to be quantitative. There is such thing as qualitative evidence.

Here's my claim --> "All the games have been close, so I wouldn't count Thunder out. All they have to do is close out 4th quarter. Although I don't think it's likely, I can see them being the first team winning three in a row."

Here's my support --> The fact that the majority of the games, they lead for 3 quarters and then choke at the end. If they could close out the fourth quarter and play some defense, I dont see why not. Unfortunately the momentum is with Heat, and playing in Miami doesn't help either.

If you still don't get...the support for my claim is an observation of how the the series have been played. Since the games were close until the last quarter, then it is reasonable to say that the thunder has a chance to win the remaining games if they close out the 4th quarter. Understand that I did not say the Thunder will win for sure. My claim was that they have a reasonable chance and that you can't count them out.

Sure, you can say you think they will win three based on the color of their jersey and it would have had more credibility than what was said.

I think you need to provide me some quantitative evidence to support this.... I mean come on....I'm trying to have an adult conversation here....and here you go throwing a statement without backing it up. sheesh!!

Upvote 0
congratulations juwan howard. you are a champion. btw... love the heat, love lebron (mostly lebron), love wade,.....but, the heat will only win this one championship. they are a one trick pony. they sorta learned how to play like a team...but...
oh... and where are all the clowns who said san antonio was gonna come out of the west? blow that team up baby. LA and OKC is all you got for a long long time over there. in the east, knicks, heat, and...... the BULLS will be the teams to beat for the next few years.. the bulls are one big man away from killing some teams

Umm no.
Also you don't think the heat are going to make some offseason moves. Not to mention no one knows how rose will come back from his ACL tear, he is also injury prone to start with.
The heat will be the team to beat for quite a few years.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones