• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2014 M360 won't get A.W. 2.0...

electricpete

Android Expert
Jan 7, 2012
... according to Phandroid

Maybe it's sour grapes, but Android Wear 2.0 didn't look that great to me anyway
Instead of swiping left-to-right to "go back" or get rid of current screen (or clear notification?) users will have to press the button.
wtfo... that seems way slower to me. Seriously.​
Harder to get to theatre mode setting which I use frequently.​
Well, I'm sure there is more good than bad in there. Google has reasons for what they do even if not immediately obvious.

I've been planning to hold onto this watch for another year or so, but this might nudge me sooner in the direction of watching for deals on some other watches.

Speaking of which, I'm intrigued with the first generation LG Watch Urbane which is down to $179 new (incl shipping) on Amazon. Gets rid of flat tire, brings OLED screen and processor on par with the others (so always-on ambient screen is feasible). A little smaller screen and bigger bezel than our beloved 360, but I can deal with that. I think it has most of what the more expensive Hwatch has except speaker. I hope within 6 months or so another batch of watches will come out and many of these we're watching will be even less expensive.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones