• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 2150mah Extended Battery + Case

Looks like it turns it into a brick. Might be sending this thing back when it shows up and getting the 1750 seido instead.

Oh my god ha ha ha ha that looks disgusting. Thanks for the pictures. Ha ha ha ha

thanks for the pics, but hmmmm i think i might have to pass

What did you expect for that battery size? For it to look nice and pretty?

Sweet...any pics would be greatly appreciated!!! And any if you have the car dock if you can see if it fits that would be greatly appreciated as well.

This is also a concern. :(

Upvote 0
Wow, that's UGLY. If only the back wasn't "tiered" HTC could take make the battery cover more surface area but not "grow" in height.

I just ordered the battery and it will be here Tuesday.

Can I return it for a refund?

I think I'll pick up an HTC Imagio or Sprint Hero battery but haven't been able to find one brand new for $15.

I like the thickness of the phone right now with the hard silicone case - perfect size.

Upvote 0
My two cents... It's just way too big. Took away some sexy slimness from the Incredible, and gave it a hunch back. Awesome battery life, but it didn't look right and after using it for a while, it didn't feel right in my hands either. The new door is actually bigger than the phone w/ the original battery door... Yeah, it's that big...

My opinion, if you really need the battery life, and I mean absolutely need it, then go for this battery. But if not and you want to keep your DInc sexy, then just go with the 1500mah or 1750mah from Seidio.
Can you take a pic of the two batteries lying side by side to get a better perspective of the actual difference in thickness? Or maybe a shot of the phone with the 2150 and back cover installed?

Upvote 0
Exactly. A larger battery is for freedom while away from an adapter; if you want sleek and pretty, use the original that came with the machine.

I think the problem is, that for so long we all heard it would add only 1-2mm of thickness to the overall size... this is far more than that, and done in a horrible looking way.

Why just make the back stick out? Why not increase the size of the entire case, and make it look neater?

Upvote 0
for so long we all heard it would add only 1-2mm of thickness to the overall size... this is far more than that, and done in a horrible looking way.
Maybe 1-2cm? From the Flickr pictures, it looks like something less than half an inch is being added to the thickness. That would be 1.3 cm.

Well, mine won't be here till close to Independence Day, so I won't really know what I think till then. But I've had a sleek iPod touch for a year and although it's really elegant and slim, it fails to supply me with many important features and it runs out of juice quickly if I keep it connected to wifi. I don't mind a little extra bulk if I can get functionality and power.

Upvote 0
that is hideous.....wow there are going to be some disappointed people. the thickness itself isnt the issue IMO. The case backing could be much much better though. its too square. Just taper the bottom down and it would be much better. also do the same for the sides. It needs to be rounded

+10000000000000000000000000000000

Based on the launch kit, this is different than what their dimensions mentioned.

I'll stick with my 1750 Seidio since there is NO WAY this will work with the Innocase II...

Upvote 0
Those pics are a bit disappointing to say the least. However, I remember I thought the same thing when I had my LG Voyager and got the extended battery. After a day or two, I was fine with it and happy to have the longer battery life without worrying about being near a power source.

My only gripe is that the cases that are out now will not fit. I just emailed Otterbox. Hope they get back to me soon. Will keep you all posted.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry guys for disappointing you all. So, I'm selling it... Anyone interested? And I will be posting more pictures tonight. Thanks.

I hope you dont feel like you did anything wrong! Thank you so much for posting the images!

Whatever HTC was smoking had to be pretty strong, but its certainly not your fault. ;)

I had been considering ordering one of these, and was REALLY close to doing so.. glad I did not. :)

Upvote 0
I'm sorry guys for disappointing you all. So, I'm selling it... Anyone interested? And I will be posting more pictures tonight. Thanks.
you didn't dissapoint us haha, htc did. i was expecting the entire battery cover to be deeper, like all of the tiers would be raised equally (basically adding depth to the middle of the phone instead of taking the smallest tier and raising it all the way up) i would prefer an overall thicker phone than what appears to be a thin phone with an enourmous square sticking out the back

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones