• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

24 Hours with the Droid (iPhone 3GS User)

Guys.. tell me what your justification is that even after the first major OTA update the homescreen still cannot scroll panels smoothly? Why cant the gpu be programmed to move the small icons across the screen without chop? but the Eris with "BLOATED" sense can move 7 screens like buttah???

Scrolling after the new update is actually pretty damn smooth. He's what you have to take into consideration as well. The resolution and pixel density of the Droid is higher than that of the iPhone or Eris. So it takes more GPU cycles to run, which may bog down the system. However, the screen does look twice as better than the iPhone or Eris. So there is a tradeoff, slightly less "smooth" scrolling for super sharp clear resolution. I'll take that any day of the week. After growing accustomed to the Droid screen, iPhone screens just looks super pixelated. The best example I can give is playing a PC game at 1024x768 with AA/AF off as opposed to playing @ 1600 X 1200 with AA/AF on. You might loose a couple FPS on the higher resolution but it is worth it in the end.

Upvote 0
Also had the iPhone, iPhone 3G, and the 3GS, and also switched to the Droid. I loved the iPhone, but really like the Droid. There are many great apps and the number is growing by leaps and bounds every day, so I do not see this as a problem at all. It has really been a great experience, and although I never had a problem with AT&T's network, the Verizon network really is good and I do find the signal reaches much deeper into buildings. Exchange works great.

Upvote 0
I was going to type out a huge rant like you did but i realized it's not worth my time, you like the iPhone so why are you wasting your time here? That really says A LOT about the type of person you are and the kind of life you have.......

Whatever... If you had any substance you would have typed out your rant and I can assure you I live a great life. Why don't you tell me what tye of person you think I am, Percodani?

If you actually read all of my posts you woud see that I like the potential of the Android OS but think that with at least 3 generations of public release of the OS and the current hardware it is running on could and should be significantly better than it is. Its great in a few areas and lacking in more than it should, just lack of standard bluetooth features alone is terrible. I am seff employed and have 5 edit machines and 2 Laptops all are PCs except 1 laptop which is the original 17" MacPro and it doesnt even have OSX on it only Windows 7. I was originally anti PC and Mac as I was an Atari ST fanboy and then succumbed to Commodore Amiga then eventually to the BorgOS by professional necessity prob as far as you could ever be from an Apple fanboy. When i walk into an apple store for some reason I want to go around and kick the guys in the crotch to see if they actually had balls. When first went into an Apple store and bought the ipod touch for my wife I was calling them out at the counter saying why do the iPhone commercials tout the credit card processing app yet wireless point of sale units all said "PocketPC" at the top. If I have any bias it is against apple....http://mail.google.com/mail/contact...ack=ParentStub1260572946300&zx=ca5haa-675svo#

I thought the Touch pro was finally going to be the handset that would fill the bill and that thing was so terrible and spending literally hundreds of hours over a year flashing and modding roms just ended up pissing me off and now carrying over the lack of tolerance for mediocrity to the combo of the "google experience native 2.0" + decent droid and great sense+android on crappy architecture. Then further irritated by idiots that look right through my posts and say I have no points.

It actually almost sickens me to even admit the iphone is curently far better overall because i used to love PPC/Winmo until the engineers in that camp let it fall into mediocrity Ballmer is a dunce and now to see Android, which is what winmo should have evolved into fall into the same situation of having HTC try to bail them out by replacing all the core apps and GUI just to make it look like it was smooth and professional.

As I have said for a while I hope that HTC releases the Android version of the HD2 or something similar with Sense+Android 2.x I'll be all over it.

Upvote 0
You're kidding me right.... My path is 10+ yrs pocketPC/winmo up to Touch Pro then between my wife and I 30 days on the Sprint Hero & Palm Pre, then 30 days on Droid & Eris and got shafted by VZ so I ported to AT&T with the 3Gs. So far 4 days on the Iphone and as a whole it truly destroys the droid.

I really dont feel like typing pages of info because this board has proven to be just filled with guys who don't like honest opinions, but what promted me to post was your bluetooth comment. The droid and Android in particular is currently so far behind in Bluetooth that it is ridiculous.

Currently I am using sony bluetooth earbuds and they work phenomenal on the 3Gs. Yesterday as I am working in the yard and listening to the podcasts in 2x speed (more info in less time) that BTW PC itunes manages beautifully and automatically. I can stop, FF, pause RW, make voice activated calls and commands all without a bluetooth drop, interference or having to ever take it out of my pocket and touch with my soiled hands.

Try that with a droid or any current android phone, impossible.

As far as signal goes AT&T might suck in your areas but in Jacksonville FL so far I have not seen signal drop below 3 bars whereas in my particular hood Sprint, Tmo and Vz have 0-1 bar and Sprint cant make a call longer than 5 secs although with 0-1 bar I rarely would drop an Alltel/VZ call.

I thought the Eris had sufficient battery life for my wife who could take the phone off charger at 7am or so and get home by 6pm and be almost red (she is a moderate phone user and light data user, where the Pre was a little better for her, but the 3GS so far looks to last at least a full day, the 2nd day she had it she forgot to charge it overnight and she still made it through the 2nd day.

For me the 1500ma in the Hero was pretty good getting me about 10-12 hrs and I was pretty astounded at regularly getting 10-14 hours out of the droid with moderate to heavy use the 3Gs seems to be almost doubling that although it is hard to tell because I have been playing a lot og games for the first time ever on a handheld because they are pretty freaking awesome whereas all my other phones games are limited to very old console style games with poor graphics. When guys are touting Robot defense as an awesome graphics games you'll know what i mean.

Even guys on here would defend Moto's lack of .wav support, which i needed for my company voicemail system through Ring Central, but they play fine on the 3g as attachements from email, but SURPRISE there is an integrated app that manages the whole sytem and even makes voip calls through RC.

Honestly i could keep going on and on with substantiated reasons why the droid with native android does not pass muster against the iphone or even the Eris and even the eris software on the Droid HW would actually be a closer competitor but to make those statements of the droid or eris alonebeing superior overall is just not even sensical.

That being said there are things that ARE big drawbacks to the iphone. As a busioness user the iphones notification managment and lack of LED are SORELY lacking if you miss or forget an audible alert you are Fed unless you happen to turn your screen on. No way to sound profile, yes it has a nice vibration hardware switch but that is it... No incremental snoozing of todo or calendar notifications (both iphone and android have some apps that sort of make up for this but not really that well) Proprietary connector sucks, nonremovable battery sucks and no file system saving of attachments or browsing sucks.

So being a business user and depending on notifications I am hoping that the Passion/bravo will come to a reliable carrier in the next 30 days unless I continue to be blown away by the plethora of useful apps and the reliability i am continually seeing with the iphone. Although knowing that in about 4-6 months the 4G iphone should be coming out would make me antsy although resales of iphones go for better prices than any other handset....

edit

Just thought about C&P.. You try that on android, terrible. iphones cursor placement and c&p is genius. Also the new free app dragon dictate is amazing. I almost never even use they keyboard at all. Everytime i use the built in voice command app or dragon dictate it executes 100% of the time. I was lucky for google voice search to execute without a connection error at least 30-50% of the time on the droid.... although it executed almost always without error on the Hero or eris albeit much slower to launch and execute because of the ancient processor.

By the way, I used Blackberrys before they were phones, the Kyocera palm phone, The first Verizon BlackBerry phone, and everything in betweeen. I don't think it is relevant.

Video - CNBC.com

Enjoy your iPhone.

Upvote 0
Really? 277 posts on THIS forum about a phone you really dont like? Your business MUST booming to have all this free time.. Dont go away mad, just go away...

Absolutely! 10+yes on ppc/winmo and 90days on android now 6 days on iPhone and I'm already wondering why I resisted so long. For every 1 thing a droid can do the iPhone can do 10 that the droid can't and almost everything multitudes better. I thought android would be different but all it seems to be is winmo deluxe and a bunch of weak google fanboys. Google is not much better than apple so I don't feel so bad going to the dark side.

Upvote 0
That is why Verizon is running the Droid is not a princess Ad:

YouTube - Motorola Droid Verizon Pretty Commercial

Priceless, since you said that... lol

They need to make more of these ads. And make it more extreme.
Screw what the overly sensitive people are saying about the ad.
I love the ad, here are my ideas for it:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/23859-new-droid-ad-rocks.html#post159278

Keep on hitting the girly hipster image where it hurts.

Another ad should just have Chuck Norris walking down San Francisco, just roundhouse kicking every single iPhone user with Chuck saying at the end "Use a Droid or get a roundhouse to the face. Your choice." Hell, if Chuck said that I'd switch right now, no questions asked. :D

Anyways, back to the topic- I'm waiting for more apps. I don't want to pay to wait. When things really get big then I'll consider moving over. That's the big advantage of the iPhone. The crappy thing with the iPhone is AT&T, and I'm guessing AT&T and Apple will continue to work together as a monopoly. I don't see Apple going to different carriers. I tested out a Droid and came away being very impressed. Just need more apps, more games, more apps for work. If AT&T continues to be the sole provider of the iPhone, I'm just going to have to buy a iPod touch for the apps and buy another phone.

Upvote 0
You're kidding me right.... My path is 10+ yrs pocketPC/winmo up to Touch Pro then between my wife and I 30 days on the Sprint Hero & Palm Pre, then 30 days on Droid & Eris and got shafted by VZ so I ported to AT&T with the 3Gs. So far 4 days on the Iphone and as a whole it truly destroys the droid.

Seems like a pretty big 'splanation for why you had to purchase an apple. You sure its us you need to convince?

TBH I think its the right choice for you. I don't think I've seen a post of yours that isn't about how difficult it is to figure out how to do X or Y on android, and its definitely true that for many people the iphone is still by far the better phone.

I agree with something you said before about having something that 'just works' and how that;s a good policy. Its great. My mom is on Verizon and she was looking at the 2 droid phones. Would I recommend them to her? Maybe over her storm, but if the iPhone was on verizon? Definitely not.

To her, the force closes and updating apps and customization would all be an annoyance. To me all these things are worth it for making the droid my own, and having features that I never can on my iphone. I still like the media player (and still use it for that often) on my iphone, and the software keyboard is leagues ahead of android.

But can I Download music while listening to pandora while playing Legend of Zelda after watching a few hours of bluray on my iPhone? Or answer messages without closing my app? No. So for me, its worth the extra hassle for the capabilities. For people who want a 'just works,' no. Though those people should probably look at flipphones, they tend to be more reliable. (kidding). iPhone seems to be a great compromise between the simplicity of a 'just works' phone and a computer, but without the hassle of the latter and with more PIZAZZ than the former.

Enjoy what you have man but stop beatin on the droid, some people like it, and after all your posts I think its safe to say everyone understands you don't.

Upvote 0
TBH I think its the right choice for you. I don't think I've seen a post of yours that isn't about how difficult it is to figure out how to do X or Y on android,

What post are those? I know the OS inside and out. The only questions I have had are why are key features broken or left out? Tell me something that I said I couldn't figure out?
But can I Download music while listening to pandora while playing Legend of Zelda after watching a few hours of bluray on my iPhone? Or answer messages without closing my app? [/quote]

You don't have to close the app android will force close it for you. Bluray on droid LOL... Pandora on android = bugridden and when you complain about doing you multitasking without lag or force closes the intelligent Anbot responses you will get are " I didn't buy a game machine or camera or music player I bought a phone... duhhh.

I love the potential of the droid but in reality it is still a major dissapointment when compared to what they built it up to be....

I'm still hoping for a HTC HD2 style android device....

Upvote 0
Thats highly subjective and could easily be turned around and added to say the but dorid doesnt do everything Iphone does.

Ive seen so many folks say well you can only do that on the iphone if you jailbreak it but from the other side of their mouth they say well we'll get that when the droid is rooted, like a decent homescreen, multitouch better browser. Or there is an app like dolphin, replacement homescreen, pinch to zoom gallery, Lock 2.0 etc, yet all of those apps are extremely buggy and not very functional esp when compared to the features they are trying to match on the iphone or even the eris/hero.

It's almost a joke IMO Its like the guy who got shafted buy the salesman and got a 20% 6 yr loan on a KIA when he could have gotten a BMW for a similar payment but he now makes up all kinds of rationlizations on why his KIA with mods is better.

Guys.. tell me what your justification is that even after the first major OTA update the homescreen still cannot scroll panels smoothly? Why cant the gpu be programmed to move the small icons across the screen without chop? but the Eris with "BLOATED" sense can move 7 screens like buttah???

Tell me, why is it that Apple didn't include copy and paste until it was out for 3 years, or ANY bluetooth music capability, once again, until it had been out for 3 years? How about how you can't upgrade the storage on the device? Or how about the iPhone's comparatively low resolution screen? How about the non-removable battery? How about iTune's lack of any audio support or video support beyond their narrow native one's that are included? Your iOpinions are invalid, and you're only here to get a rise out of people, sadly it is working.

And you say programs like lock 2.0, dolphin, and homescreen replacement apps are buggy, but I would sure like to see what you're seeing. I'm running home++ and dolphin, and they both work wonderfully.

It's sad to see you at it like this, all of us are ecstatic with our device, and are on this forum to talk about how we like it and share information. Obviously you can't be too satisfied with your iPhone if you have to come to the forums to tear down other's opinions with your own silly Apple fanboy versions to justify your terrible network and lack of innovation in three years. We would listen to you if you had a fair and objective opinion, but your just sucking on Mr Job's teat.

I'm still hoping for a HTC HD2 style android device....
You attempt to tear down Android OS for problems that exist (mainly because you are incompetent), and then you attempt to appear objective by saying you hope a new phone comes out with the Android OS on it? Once again, your opinions are invalid and silly. If you had an actual technically-sound opinion on anything it would be valid, but everything you say is pulled out of your ass and problems you cause by your own stupidity. Can you just finish talking so no one has to listen to your ineffectual ramblings anymore?

except 1 laptop which is the original 17" MacPro and it doesnt even have OSX on it only Windows 7.

This demonstrates your severe lack of anything technical. A 17" MacBOOK Pro costs FAR more than say an ASUS, who has a much higher hardware integrity value than Apple, and yet the ASUS has the same specifications and half the price tag. So buying a Mac to put Windows on it? A silly thing to do and a waste of money, unless all you want a nice and shiny looking piece of hardware. And since I am quite sure that you will deny my points and say Apple has the best hardware production value, here is a 3rd party testing company's unbiased comparison chart in the attachment, just for you my friend.

Attachments

• 17nov09compach0qw83.jpg
    17nov09compach0qw83.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 43
Upvote 0
By the way, I used Blackberrys before they were phones, the Kyocera palm phone, The first Verizon BlackBerry phone, and everything in betweeen. I don't think it is relevant.

Video - CNBC.com

Enjoy your iPhone.

Yep, that's one thing Moto has always beaten Apple at...making a good phone. I have used Razor's for years. As this video clip shows the iphone fails at what a mobile phone is supposed to do the best and that is being a phone that has good connectivity.

Upvote 0
Tell me, why is it that Apple didn't include copy and paste until it was out for 3 years, or ANY bluetooth music capability, once again, until it had been out for 3 years? How about how you can't upgrade the storage on the device?

Ummm and this means what... That the droid is out a year after iphone has full BT support and droid doesnt? Even all my winmo devices had bluetooth controls for VC and music control.

And you say programs like lock 2.0, dolphin, and homescreen replacement apps are buggy, but I would sure like to see what you're seeing. I'm running home++ and dolphin, and they both work wonderfully.

Didn't try home++ because it was too buggy at the time if it isn't now then great but I find that hard to believe. I really liked GDE and DXtop but they ended up just being too buggy. often with FC warnings or frequent reloading of all widgets when returning to home from an app. Dolphin has a lot of potential but when i tried it it was wayy to rough and multitouch was terribly unresponsive and inaccurate. Are you saying it is spot on now like mobile safari? Just typing in this forum on Mobile safari and nary a hiccup. Droid keyboard would lag like hell, not even a little but a lot...

It's sad to see you at it like this, all of us are ecstatic with our device, and are on this forum to talk about how we like it and share information.

I was extremely excited and was contributing as well but once I kept finding unnecessary shortcomings and started asking/bitching about them the responses were exactly what you'd expect to hear from an Apple fanboy about shortcomings of the early iphones.

You attempt to tear down Android OS for problems that exist (mainly because you are incompetent),

Please please do point out any incompetencies? instead of accusations. Substance please....

and then you attempt to appear objective by saying you hope a new phone comes out with the Android OS on it? Once again, your opinions are invalid and silly. If you had an actual technically-sound opinion on anything it would be valid, but everything you say is pulled out of your ass and problems you cause by your own stupidity. Can you just finish talking so no one has to listen to your ineffectual ramblings anymore?

Like what please form some examples instead of delusions. i believe almost every thing I have harped on is among the highest starred complaints on google code. Please cite examples instead of Anbot replies

This demonstrates your severe lack of anything technical. A 17" MacBOOK Pro costs FAR more than say an ASUS, who has a much higher hardware integrity value than Apple, and yet the ASUS has the same specifications and half the price tag. So buying a Mac to put Windows on it? A silly thing to do and a waste of money, unless all you want a nice and shiny looking piece of hardware. And since I am quite sure that you will deny my points and say Apple has the best hardware production value, here is a 3rd party testing company's unbiased comparison chart in the attachment, just for you my friend.

You are assuming and you know what ASS UME means.... I purchased the first core 2 macbook 17" when they were released because i was contemplating a move to Final Cut pro because at the time their HD solutions were starting to suprpass the software suites that I was using. Fortunately before I migrated all of my studio to FCP suites Sony upgraded their sotware suite and I found it unnecessary to invest in a full migration. At the time the MacPro and Macbook pros actually offered the best screens and overall units out there and as a testament, years later I am operating W7 on it with no real desire to replace it until full featured tablets are released. The only thing that has irritated me with this macbook is how incredibly hot it gets.

You guys have been trying to ridicule me and call out some bias but i have explained and elaborated far more than i should have to whereas the retorts have only been personal attacks or mostly asinine logic.

Asinine logic i.e. "You cant do multitasking or customize an iphone unless you jailbreak it." then a paragraph later... we'll get multitouch and much faster operation when the droid gets rooted... HOW THE F can you debate with this contined false logic?

Again please cite examples of the things you accuse me of.

Upvote 0
Yep, that's one thing Moto has always beaten Apple at...making a good phone. I have used Razor's for years. As this video clip shows the iphone fails at what a mobile phone is supposed to do the best and that is being a phone that has good connectivity.

LOL... thats what you got out of that?? She goes on to say that that is just basically speculation. That she had been to 18 countries with no problem. The cramer says that Apple is the best customer service comapny and that it there is a problem they would be the first to admit and fix it.....

One of the reason Moto is in dire straits is because they did not produce reliable products in recent years. I had a Razr and it had the worst reception of all the phones I ever had. Moto and verizon are well known for purposely crippling features and ignoring consumers when questioned on their motivations. You are kidding me right?

Not to say that AT&T doesnt have signal issues though. I know in my neighborhood they have full bars where on Sprint, Verizon there is 0-2 bars max, sprint constanly dropped and Verizon although very weak would hold calls but due to the weak signal my batteries would burn out quick. My wife spends a lot of time out and about and she said without me asking that she thought the call quality was not as good but overall she is really starting to dig the iphone mainly based on her experiences with the speed and ease of the keyboard compared to the eris and then the pre she tried previously, but i suspect she still prefers the pre although that handset has the worst radio signal of all smartphones at the moment, sprint should sue palm for that one.... A flaship device that sprint had went all out to promote but has terrible reception much worse than an old palm centro. But other than the radio and the plastic casing the pre was pretty freaking nice but too bad it will sink prob unfortunately taking Sprint with it.

Upvote 0
Didn't try home++ because it was too buggy at the time if it isn't now then great

So you didn't try it because it was too buggy, so where does your opinion coming from? Customer reviews correct? Then you do not have first hand experience, only ASSUMED knowledge from someone else.

I was extremely excited and was contributing as well but once I kept finding unnecessary shortcomings and started asking/bitching about them the responses were exactly what you'd expect to hear from an Apple fanboy about shortcomings of the early iphones.

You have clearly made your choice, you are using an iPhone, congratulations on your purchase, you no longer own an android based device, and therefore have no valid opinion. You can't test programs, you cannot give opinions based on new updates, you are only here now to annoy people with your new opinion, perhaps to sway people's opinions. But I can assure you if they have made it to this forum it is more than likely that they prefer an Android device to begin with.

Please please do point out any incompetencies? instead of accusations. Substance please....
You talk of Android OS being inferior to iPhone OS, then talking about another phone with the same Android OS possibly being better, you contradict yourself and clearly lack an intelligible sense of logic at that point. Incompetence isn't a far throw from there.

Asinine logic i.e. "You cant do multitasking or customize an iphone unless you jailbreak it." then a paragraph later... we'll get multitouch and much faster operation when the droid gets rooted... HOW THE F can you debate with this contined false logic?

Thankfully these were not my words, as I do not agree with them. The Droid is no faster rooted now that it was when it was updated to 2.0.1, it was the update the made the improvements.

You have excellent points, you seem to be a fit candidate with your iPhone with it's features that stand out from the Droid, however, the Droid stand out from the iPhone in many ways as well. It's what features that stand out which make or break your decision on the phone. Once again, you have chosen the iPhone, and you no longer have an Android device from which to give a valid opinion from, therefore any further posts from you are simply to get a rise out of people.

I am quite happy with my droid, I owned an iPhone previously and wasn't happy with the inability to customize, nor was I happy disgusting app approval process, and I was especially dissatisfied with Apple's customer service when the screen stopped functioning two days after purchase, with no damage from my part. They claimed there was water damage so I preferred not to get a new one and move to the Droid instead. Of course, you will most likely assume this means I have spite toward Apple and it is biasing my opinions, I can assure that I simply enjoy the Droid as a device far more that the iPhone, which is all that matters when all is said and done.

But other than the radio and the plastic casing the pre was pretty freaking nice but too bad it will sink prob unfortunately taking Sprint with it.

On a lighter note I do agree with you here, however I don't think Sprint needs any help going down as is. Poor reception and exceptionally poor customer service is sinking them without the need of a failed flagship device. WebOS is fantastic, I wish I could have seen it on a better carrier, and with more developer support since it's app catalog is truly laughable.

Upvote 0
So uhm. Sherlock makes most of the points I was going to, although maybe a bit harsher.

Like I've said before you complain about android but then say you'd definitely buy one if made by HTC. Which means maybe you admit your previoius complaints (which have been mostly os related) are a bit exaggerated?

Your response to my post doesn't really argue anything I said (blueray = lol? I... agree?) And manages to reaffirm my assumptions about yours. You then go on to complain about all the issues You had, yet I do not and have not had. So like I said, iPhone is for you, but since droid seems to be better in my hands, its for me.

Admittedly this Is a flaw. Despite your Passion for mobile phones, you probably are not an unintelligent guy. So the fact that someone who is not stupid has difficulty with all the things you did means that yes, the iPhone is more intuitive and the droid is not.

That is the legitimate and correct claim you have made so far, and seeing that I don't think anyone here would disagree with that point. Because when I put "I was not able to" in front of most of your sentenses, they accidentally become legitimate claims. Someone like you Shouldn't have trouble doing those things, and yes its androids fault for being less user friendly.

But for me, I haven't had a single one of the issues you seem to have, so without those, droid is a more capable phone For Me. The iphone is the better phone for most americans, as is clear when you go in to most cities nowadays. But for the lucky tech literate, they can get much more out of the droid, so for them its better. I don't see why you take issue with this, or make angry rediculous exaggerations to burn your x-phone. It clearly wasn't for you, and id say, looking around my metro car, that 90% of bostonians agree with your choice (my exaggeration). Go be happy with it.

Upvote 0
Anyways, back to the topic- I'm waiting for more apps. I don't want to pay to wait. When things really get big then I'll consider moving over. That's the big advantage of the iPhone. The crappy thing with the iPhone is AT&T, and I'm guessing AT&T and Apple will continue to work together as a monopoly. I don't see Apple going to different carriers. I tested out a Droid and came away being very impressed. Just need more apps, more games, more apps for work. If AT&T continues to be the sole provider of the iPhone, I'm just going to have to buy a iPod touch for the apps and buy another phone.

I'm just curious what kind of apps you need that aren't out yet on the market. I haven't used an iphone, so I'm just asking, but I haven't needed anything yet that I've been unable to find on android market.

Edit: Last I read, the iPhone was going to be moving to different carriers sometime in 2010.. I'm with you, though. I'll believe it when I see it.

Upvote 0
"My wife came home and saw the Droid and said to me "you wont keep it, the iPhone is prettier"

I hear you there, but (and I'm sure I'm not the first to use this analogy):

iPhone = Mon Calamari cruiser

Droid = Star Destroyer

Mon Cal is prettier, but Star Destroyer pwns.

I agree, this is one of the greatest analogies I've ever heard. And it's also the definitive end to the iPhone/Droid debate -

If you understand it, buy the Droid.
If you don't, buy the iPhone.
Period.

If we make that a sticky, maybe it'll end the flame wars that have been going on lately.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones