• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

chmodx

Android Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2010
So I went back to 905 and did the 246 update, though I didn't feel it'd be worth my while.

Got most apps installed, then had the Motorola home die and restart. Now I go into add widgets, only partial options appear for things, such as agenda widget(3 sizes appear). Then I can't scroll all the way to the right to get past widgets with the letter P.

Menus in apps don't seem to scroll down far either, had a hell of a time with the Amazon app store.

246 is not looking good.

Bingo. People need to stop being so quick to blame ICS.

I blame 246. 232 has been fine for months. No one's being quick about blaming ICS. I blame this build. If you're not going to contribute anything but defensiveness, stay out of it.

AS for factory resets, done it twice now. Since the original one I did was before my initial install(I always do a full wipe--front to back--whenever I install a rom/update/leak). I did a second one because of your post.

I've got the same issue, some widgets are there, but not all. I also have a blank extra page for widgets upon scrolling to the side.

Example:
Agenda Widget: 4 of them are there, just a few sizes
Soundhound Infinity: the 1x1 ID now is present, but the original widget is not visible.

I can not scroll vertically completely in some menus of applications including the Amazon app market.

Upvote 0
Would this put me back on the OTA path for when they do JB?

yes the .246 FXZ is the full version of the .246 ROM for Bionic. Using RSD Lite to flash it will put you on or back on the upgrade path. You will lose all data and won't be able to go back to .905 but it is a painless easy way to update to .246 no matter what you have on your phone now.

Upvote 0
Update: when I restart the phone, the widget menu is full of my options. Shortly after, some of them magically disappear. Scrollable news widget does not appear anymore, but I added it before it disappeared.

No idea what's going on.

Have you done an FDR? I know some people are quick to dismiss this option, but the phone is essentially a computer that is at least as powerful as what ran Windows 95/98. It was always commonplace to do a clean install when upgrading Windows because it was well known there could always be quirks doing an upgrade.

I myself saw constant "android.process.acore has stopped" errors after the OTA. An FDR and it's been completely fine since. It's also not a big issue as you simply reinstall all your apps from the Play Store and if you have been doing backups of app data to your SD card it's easy and fast to restore everything.

Also, are you sure all your favorite widgets are indeed completely ICS compatible?

Upvote 0
Update: when I restart the phone, the widget menu is full of my options. Shortly after, some of them magically disappear. Scrollable news widget does not appear anymore, but I added it before it disappeared.

No idea what's going on.

Are you using the default launcher, or a third-party launcher (Nova, Apex, etc.)?

I use Scrollable News Widget and it works fine for me on 246.

Upvote 0
I know i'm a silent noob but im getting this error when trying to do fastboot .246 fxz...Error!!!!!
Failed to create VRZ_XT875_6.7.246.XT875.Verizon.en.US_CFC_01.xml
Please check if the file path is too long to create or if there is enough free disk space.

Sounds like you are running out of disk space, either on the drive where you have the FXZ file stored, or on the phone. Make sure you have plenty of space.

Another possibility is that the file is corrupted. Compare the md5 values or download it again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones