1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

26 days and counting down

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by callihan_44, Sep 8, 2010.

1. callihan_44

callihan_44 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I recently jumped on the android bandwagon (HTC ARIA) coming from a razr v3 LOL. I wanted the captivate BAD however decided at the last minute to wait but needed a new phone. IF they address the gps issue/2.2 in the next 26 days I AM THERE~ I will be watching these forums like a hawk at any news of the update . If not I will keep the aria, surprised how well it works just typing on it is kind of a pain. Ive been in the at&t store several times to play with it and it IS a great phone, but being tied to it for the next 2yrs I dont want a headache from it.

Advertisement

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    It's a great phone that is really only plagued by one issue.....GPS. Mine locks but takes about two to three minutes to do so. Not ready a problem for me cause my gps rarely gets used.

3. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    i tested my gps out for the last time last week on my way to tuscaloosa, after owning it since the day it came out, and it honestly worked pretty well. i didnt notice how long it took to lock on but it didnt seem to bad. but if it is something that someone plans on using frequently then it is a legitimate concern

2.2 is rumored to be this month, hopefully it is, but i dont know if that is official or not. the aria is nice though, i almost bought it till i heard of the captivate and i knew immediately which i would get. but the aria doesnt have the screen and size which i think makes it worth the investment over the next 2 years, it will still be a decent phone by the time of my next upgrade which i really like

4. Divinedark

Divinedark Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    I am pretty happy with my decision to come back to the Captivate. I know it's a bandaid, but when I turn on the wireless network assist for the GPS, it's pretty damn accurate. It's good enough for my current situation. If shit gets real and I need to have accurate GPS guidance, I'll just break out my Garmin.

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    There was some confusion as to the purpose of this thread - so - if you're looking for a place for a kick up your feet and discuss the other stuff that was here, I've moved the other posts and gave the thread a name -

http://androidforums.com/lounge/171790-samsung-gps-proves-google-cia.html

Knock yourselves out on that over there - this is kinda the "deciding on Captivate" thread.

We now return you to your normal programming...

(Remember - any problem with this, you take up with me via PM, thanks.)

6. RedRyno

RedRyno Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Construction
    SoCal
    Come back in 26 days... :p