• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help *2767*3855# reset phone factory

Will this code remove root? I want to update to Froyo without any issues. If this code won't reset the phone is there a code out there that will?

I would not attempt a factory data reset with a rooted device.

Anything can happen from nothing to rendering your phone not usable.

The whole unrooting thing for the Fascinate seems to be up in the air at the moment. I've not been successful at unrooting mine, only being able to get the stock apps back via a method linked in the rooting sticky (http://androidforums.com/fascinate-...-19-october-2010-5-45am-central-u-s-time.html) called, "returning to stock."

Your Mileage May Vary ;)

Upvote 0
There are varying reports on receiving OTA updates (not Froyo) after rooting.

The last update came to my phone and successfully installed a few days after I rooted and ran the stock apps "unroot" method. I later found out that my device was still rooted, simply by re-installing Superuser and checking files in Root Manager.

It appears that updates can install if certain apps and files remain in a rooted Fascinate, thus my success after running the stock apps method.

Others say the update would never install, either timing out or eliciting an error message.

Upvote 0
This is so frustrating. Either we live with a phone that can be updated with even more bloatware or we have a rooted device that has all the bloareware removed, is responsive but ,can't be updated. And I pay 100 dollars a month for the privilege.

Being rooted, you will be able to update, but just not by OTA. The dev team will have some baked goodies shortly after the official update I'm sure.

Upvote 0
Being rooted, you will be able to update, but just not by OTA. The dev team will have some baked goodies shortly after the official update I'm sure.
Precisely, there is no disadvantage to rooting. Some will say you cannot get an OTA, ok fine thats true. But everything that comes OTA will be made better by the dev's so MC is very correct. In fact, there's a substantial chance we get our goodies prior to them coming OTA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones