1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

2800mAh battery reading problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HothCook, Feb 5, 2011.

1. HothCook

HothCook Lurker

I have an 2800mAh extended battery in my droid x but the phone still thinks it has the standard 1500mAh battery in it. The battery indicator drains down to 5% and the red led blinks but there is still hours left on the battery. What can I do to fix this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

try clearing your battery stats

(this will require root and flashing clockwork mod)

3. HothCook

HothCook Lurker

I tried clearing the battery stats but it still does not read accurately. I am rooted and currently running the dark slide rom...anymore suggestions?

4. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

does it read correctly with the stock rom?

5. HothCook

HothCook Lurker

I'm not sure, I never had the extended battery with the stock rom. I did try the liberty rom briefly with the extended battery and the reading was still off.

6. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

someone else had this same problem

other things to try: run the battery until it dies, then charge it back up and see if the % resets

7. HothCook

HothCook Lurker

I actually have 2 batteries and I rotate them onto an independent battery charger to keep a fresh battery in my phone at all times. Should I try charging it up in the phone?

8. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

worth a shot, i suppose

i'd try the drain the battery dead technique

9. HothCook

HothCook Lurker

Alright, it takes a LONG time for it to drain but I'll let you know if it works out.

10. HothCook

HothCook Lurker

Alright, I drained the battery to the point where the phone shut off and left it off to complete a full charge...no dice

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews