• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 2D/3D switch is cheap!

I tried this except the sharpie part was to shiny compared to the rest, I just ended up exchanging the phone since it was within my 30 day period. If it happens again then oh well I'll live.

As far as the switch goes my original and this new EVO both were a bit loose but not to a great deal.

I hope the new handset works out for you. Given the other small issues that have been discussed with regards to the Sprint HTC EVO 3D, I am happy with mine despite the ever so slight clockwise tilt to its screen, which has discussed at length in another thread. :)

Everything else on it is in good shape. So, I will stick with this one and not risk the chance of exchanging it for something that has the same or different problems. ;)

Upvote 0
I would think that if the switch was rigid it would be more prone to break. A little play in the switch might be a precautionary measure.

That is pretty much the conclusion that I came as well, as you can see: http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/384509-2d-3d-switch-cheap.html#post3010101 . ;)

I think HTC was smart to make it have a little give. An enclosed space, like a pocket, can subject the handset to weird stresses and if it were concentrated on a rigid switch, it might break it. :eek:

Upvote 0
Lemons happen. If anyone's switch is in doubt, take to Sprint or other local stores, compare to other models.

No sense in talking at cross purposes - the word "loose" is open to WIDE interpretation. ;)

Exactly. That is how I verified, along with some research at this forum and a few others places online, that the looseness was pretty normal.

The two Sprint stores that are close to me both that had 3D switches that were exactly the same as my handset. They also exhibited the same slight clockwise screen tilt.

Upvote 0
But that normal looseness may not be the looseness others see.

True, but after sampling three or four handsets, at least in my situation, they have all been uniformly the same. Granted, I am sure there are varying degrees of looseness in the 3D switch in different handsets.

It is all open to interpretation anyway. My aim was to just alleviate some worries people may have about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones