• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2GB/mo per line FREE for life!

don't know if my 'extra 2 gB' is lifetime or not.

I got an email saying they boosted me from 6 gB to 8 gB....

email is long gone, so don't recall what all it said. I just muttered a 'thank you' and kept going.

I just checked to see if I am taking advantage of that additional amount...

Today is the 9th day of my new cycle, and so far, 3 of us have burned up 0.68 gB of data.

boy, are we ever a power hungry bunch around here :rolleyes:
We are pretty much near a WiFi most of the time... the only time I or my daughter need DATA is when we make a grocery store run....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat: I have 801.11ac WiFi at home that's comparable to - and sometimes better than - Verizon's LTE. I'm on it most of the time. I guess I just want a huge data allowance for a buffer during travel. Kinda like insurance: I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it... and then pay exorbitant overages.

Reactions: RA_BH
Upvote 0
Chief,

I only needed that maximum allotment once.
When I took a 30 day motorcycle tour last September and most of the hotels had insufficient bandwidth to satisfy the demands of the customers....

I would get tired of waiting 65 seconds for a page to load, so I put my Cellphone in Hotspot mode....
That fixed the page loads, I was getting usually 20 mbps or better.

Reactions: The_Chief and RA_BH
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones