• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [2nd Gen] Kindle Fire Non HD

CoyotesFan4Evr

Android Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2011
Phoenix
Ok, so I have had this thing for about a year and for at least 4 months of it I've been trying to root this thing. I can't find ANY method that works to root it. It's not the first gen just so we are clear. It's the model right before the HD. And I believe it's running the 10. whatever version. Lol.

I have searched xda and on here. Does anyone know a GOOD WORKING method? The one that runs the fire fire fire utility works until that point and then it won't continue after that. I left it alone for over an hour one time to make sure I want being impatient. I have even gone to the extent of looking on a kindle only forum and still had no luck. I do my research on things before I root and seriously I've come up empty with this one. Please please help!?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones