• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [2nd Gen] root... and yes I searched

Ok, before I get stomped, yes I've searched. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I have been trying to get this thing rooted since 9 this morning. I have a Kindle Fire version 10.2.4 and I CANNOT get this thing rooted. I've tried the KFU and it doesn't even see it. I'm frustrated at this point and really hope that there is a simple enough solution, or a link to a step by step. I am kind of a noob, as I've only rooted 2 phones, and both were done with super one click. From what I've read 10.2.4 is hard to do, is this true or am I an idiot. Any input (even stomping) would be helpful.

I was trying to root my kindle since xmas of 2012. I finally managed to do it with this tutorial.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2074565

This is amazingly easy even for baby noobs like me. Yes it's for a mac or linux but I tried rooting on the windows computers of others and got nowhere. Linux distros are free online and can be run alongside windows (dual boot) to make following these directions possible for anyone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones