1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips 2nd Language problem.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Tio Ramon, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Tio Ramon

Tio Ramon Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2014
    Male
    Evening all. l'm a newby - allbeit a very old newby. l've recently bought a LG G3, and up to present l'm quite pleased. However, l write quite a lot of e-mail, whatsapp, etc to Spanish family and friends. Previously l had a Nexus 4, and swapping between English and Spanish was simplicity its-self.. but, l am really battling to sort out how to achieve this on the g3.. l've tried with both LG, Google, and Swiftkey... ok, l can change in a fashion between languages, but it's a bit of an abortion really. If anyone would be kind enough to give me a step by step set-up proceedure as to where l'm going wrong l would be very greatful ( step by step because l'm an old fella ).
    Maybe l'm too old to be using these tech contraptions.. but l try.

Advertisement

2. Klotar

Klotar Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 21, 2013
    You might give SmartKeyboard a try (link at bottom of post for trial version). While most keyboards support multiple languages, there is a small language key on the keyboard, which when pressed will toggle between two languages (assuming you have two languages installed), which makes for fairly effortless switching between english and spanish. However, because I don't have more than two languages installed, I am guessing it would cycle through them one at a time. SmartKeyboard handles emoticons (emojii) as a separate language rather than cluttering up the main keyboard or adding a separate emoticon key (this may be a welcome feature or unwelcome, depending, I suppose).

Anyways, there are a ton of free keyboard apps out there that can likely do what you want. I have no ill will towards Swiftkey but it wasn't my cup o' tea; and I like to have my own definable dictionary and use macros so I went with SmartKeyboardPro.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.cdeguet.smartkeyboardtrial

3. Tio Ramon

Tio Ramon Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2014
    Male
    Hiya Klotar. My first reply to a post so hope it's in the right place.
    l have downloaded smartkeyboard - at £1.99 cant lose. A fella l spoke to yesterday said he used "Go" keyboard, so l tried it and it's much better than the default.. but not on a par with the one on the nexus 4 - can't remember what it was called.. so, l shall give the smartkeyboard a try later.
    Many thanks to you.

LG G3

The LG G3 was the 2014 flagship device for LG, and was one of the first smartphones on the market with a 5.5-inch 2560 x 1440 display. It featured a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB or 3GB of RAM, 16GB or 32GB of internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 13MP.
Tags: