• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2nd Launch

The OS takes less than 2.5GB; usable storage is 5.67GB ;)

Good to see the "usable" word used wrt storage (common in Android devices across the board pretty much).

But we're also reminding users that the newer Android OSs are allowing only media to be stored outside the so-called "internal sdcard" onto the removable sd card in the slot. There was a time when a non-rooted device could allow for apk/apps to reside in the external sd card.

Anyway, just an aside in this thread. ;)

Upvote 0
Riddle me this, if I use Google Play Music to, well, play music, and don't store it on-device, would I do alright with an 8GB? I mean...I have more than 16GB of music anyway and the downside to the Nexus for me is no expandable memory. But music on my phone is my main source of entertainment....if I use the cloud more than on-board memory, I should be A-OK with an 8GB yeah?

I have the 8GB and use my phone for all of my mobile music listening. If you're ok with streaming or doing a lot of pinning/unpinning on wifi to keep some fresh stuff on your device then you'll be just fine. This coming from a music fanatic.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones