• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

blaze7010

Lurker
Jan 16, 2011
Well I have the HTC EVO , on Sprint, unrooted. I am having a rather large, problem.

Q1. I am averaging 133kbps download, and same ish up on 3G. Sprint is sending me a new phone, to see if this fixes it cause they are stumped. or stupid. one or the other.my moms Samsung replenish get about 1500 down and 300 up. Considering this communities track record, I figured someone would have some idea.

Q2. I have hardware version 0004, which, according to Sprint, does not exist in their systems.

if anyone knows anything, you have my thanks for sharing it.

Baseband 2.15.00.11.19

Software 3.70.651.1

PRI 1.90_003

PRL 01115 (this will not update for some reason)

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0
01115 is the prl for corp accounts and family plans for some reason.

I have not found any other reason to why some have that and others do not.

keep in mind that if the post above does not increase your speeds, there is most likely a 3g tower issue in your area or as sprint suggested, a problem with the phone

and yes..the person you talked to at sprint is an idiot...HW 004 has been out since December

Upvote 0
Also try updating the data profile - worked for me for a while. I have had the same problem that my data seems to vanish suddenly when I try to do something. I went to the sprint store and showed them that even with their pumped 3g signal (which is usually on crack) at the store my phone could open google for 3 minutes, yes the google mobile site at google.com. I told them that their service is fail and they need to fix it now. I left my phone there for 2 hours and after I picked it up it was working. Dont know what they did, dont actually care but it seems to be working a lot better now so if all else fails barge into sprint store and tell them to fix their phone before you throw it at the glass door :)

Upvote 0
Also try updating the data profile - worked for me for a while. I have had the same problem that my data seems to vanish suddenly when I try to do something. I went to the sprint store and showed them that even with their pumped 3g signal (which is usually on crack) at the store my phone could open google for 3 minutes, yes the google mobile site at google.com. I told them that their service is fail and they need to fix it now. I left my phone there for 2 hours and after I picked it up it was working. Dont know what they did, dont actually care but it seems to be working a lot better now so if all else fails barge into sprint store and tell them to fix their phone before you throw it at the glass door :)

You might also check my fix 3g thread.....as it includes a forced data profile update

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones