1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root 2Q's One about Data One about Rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Im Just Saying, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Im Just Saying

None

Jun 19, 2011
    Okay so I have two more questions.

First for my fellow Metro PCS users, have you found any way to check/track data usage? I'm on a 1g data plan and I cannot find any way to track it though Metro's website or my phone. An follow up to that would be if not through my carrier is there an app that you know of that could do that?

Second question, is there a thread that can just break down for me the pro and cons or differences in phone performance if I choose to root it vs. leaving it stock? I have found the thread explaining how to do it but not really one that states the benefits so perhaps I am not looking in the right location.

Thanks for all your help!

Advertisement

2. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Android Expert
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State
    start here: http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/286905-huawei-ascend-all-things-root-guide.html

but since metro dont have 3g that would be a waste of space on your phone using an app to figure how much data you use, cause you cant be throttle down cause metro is 1x.

3. AndroidFan420

AndroidFan420 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 19, 2011
    Mover
    Manchester, NH
    ??metro dosent have a 1gb data plan do they im on metro n never heard of it im ready to go postal on there asses to begin with the people working there seem to have ben recruted from the special olympics how can u sell shit all day long n know NOTHING about it but whats printed on the card near the display model???? does any one else end up in international roaming??