• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tilejoesham

May 3, 2010
pinehurst nc
okay first, please be courtious and no flaming or ill ask for this to be removed. I was just wondering on everyone's opinion on gingerbread, not if we will get it but how much it's going to change the ui game. we have the "not motoblur" skin and gingerbread is supposed to help with the functionality of android and hopefully address the market jumbleness ( my word dont steal it lol )

I'm looking forward to 3.0. The X meets the minimum specifications, but I doubt I'll still be using it by the time Gingerbread is released. I can't wait for even higher screen resolutions.

yea i dont think we will get it right away but given motorola's track record ie updating droid to 2.2 it will happen but i wonder how its going to change the native skin on the x google has stated froyo is for performance where as gingerbread will be more ui based upgrade and more iphonesque as far as functionality why they would say they are trying to be like the iphone is a reason for a different thread

Upvote 0
Not trying to be rude here. Just wanting to make a slight correction so that no one misunderstands or gets confused.

The device specifications needed for Gingerbread that have been given are the recommended specs, not the minimum.

Android Gingerbread Rumors Dismissed By Google on Twitter

As far as 3.0 is concerned, I don't really have much of an opinion on it right now. Should be interesting when it comes out, though. Let's see how well 2.2 turns out first. :p

Reactions: tilejoesham
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones