• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Came home to the update icon in the notifications bar around 9:30p. Took less than 10 minutes to install. Sweet!

So now I'm just waiting for the Red Sea to part...

You missed the red sea parting, I'm afraid (maybe it happened while you waited for the update) ;)

the 3.1 OTA update was waiting for me when I got home today....~10 minutes, and just before the end, it seemed to be frozen on the ASUS boot logo (wasn't responding to any buttons or power), but it eventually cleared on its own after 3 minutes or so.

Upvote 0
Got mine last night on the East Coast, USA. The up and down arrows on the WiFi icon are to let you know when data is being sent and received. Update seems to make the tablet a lot smoother, browsing a bit faster, and I can actually play videos in the YouTube application without lag. Only problem is that I seem to be missing my GMail widget.

Upvote 0
Got mine last night on the East Coast, USA. The up and down arrows on the WiFi icon are to let you know when data is being sent and received. Update seems to make the tablet a lot smoother, browsing a bit faster, and I can actually play videos in the YouTube application without lag. Only problem is that I seem to be missing my GMail widget.

I thought I was going crazy with the Gmail widget! I tried looking everywhere for it. I really hope the restore it soon, I'm not a big fan of the default e-mail client.

The odd thing is, I still get notifications from the Gmail app, and can launch it, just no widget.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones