• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 3.4.2 flashable zip Question

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/288342-3-4-2-honeybread-theme.html
here's the honeybread theme for anyone who wants it. I'm currently running it on my phone with 3.4.2

For anyone whose looking to try something new, check out 3.4.2. Its very fast, easily rootable, deodexer.zip is available and using the universal theme porter you can run your favorite theme. I've really enjoyed it, go crazy!

Reactions: Metfanant
Upvote 0
Has any of the devs been working on this to get a ROM going on with it? I'm sure it's obvious that this is a leak, but I'd like to ask again to make sure - lulz, is it?

How many of you guys are actually running this? I recently got my replacement phone and I'm finally read to get back into playing with it again.

I'm sure that I should be fine on 2.3.340 since TBH always comes through with ways of getting an update installed, but what do you guys think?

Upvote 0
Running it. Been running it for over a week. overclocks well. very very stable. fast. the subtle enhancements to several of the apps in stock moto-blur are well done and executed. Kind of the old "it just works" motto.

I seriously hope TBH turns out a ROM with this as it's base. I liked blur before this, but found it hard to use, now it's so easy to use, fast, stable ( no force closes :O )

If it's "ok" for it to roll out to other DEV ( Like ApeX ) then I could see this being a real keeper.

Upvote 0
Just for clarification's sake: You SHOULDN'T flash a ROM AFTER you apply this?

I'm a bit confused as to whether this is like maderstcok and an SBF with updated parts or whether it's just a minor update that you can flash over.

the way i understand it is that this should be treated like you would any other update from Moto/VZW...its the newest version of Blur, and just has not been pushed out OTA to the public yet (if ever)...

so if i understand things correctly it would be a rather bad idea to flash a ROM over this as they would have been built on older bases for our phones...

Upvote 0
Just for clarification's sake: You SHOULDN'T flash a ROM AFTER you apply this?

I'm a bit confused as to whether this is like maderstcok and an SBF with updated parts or whether it's just a minor update that you can flash over.

No you can't. The reason why is because of an updated kernel, if you flash a .340 rom it will basically bootloop or not start up. You either have to update the kernel via a kernel updater then factory reset(have not tested this) and flash your rom or SBF or use materstock .340 zip.

Upvote 0
So you would have to apply materstcok, flash this, then wait for a ROM with an updated base? Basically, back to blur?

maybe not..I think you can flash from whatever rom you have..just do a factor reset or clear the caches..I'm not sure though.

I personally was on .340 stock with my 104apps then I clear the caches and flash it..it kept my 104apps and was very stable IMO.

Upvote 0
To answer a bunch of questions:
3.4.2 comes after .340, its the newest build from motorola for the DX, it has not been officially realeased yet. I've not had any issues with flashing apps and there is now a few fixes to get swype working. No roms have been built off this yet, and it is very very stable and seems that the bugs are all worked out. Overclocks VERY VERY well. Battery life has so far been better then any rom i've used on the X

Like stated above its basically like having a stock phone. You need to go through the whole bloatware removal again and it must be deodexed before themes can be flashed. From my understanding, if you wanna go back to .340, you can flash maderstock or SBF back.I would hope that the next versions of our favorite roms are built off this

Upvote 0
To answer a bunch of questions:
3.4.2 comes after .340, its the newest build from motorola for the DX, it has not been officially realeased yet. I've not had any issues with flashing apps and there is now a few fixes to get swype working. No roms have been built off this yet, and it is very very stable and seems that the bugs are all worked out. Overclocks VERY VERY well. Battery life has so far been better then any rom i've used on the X

Like stated above its basically like having a stock phone. You need to go through the whole bloatware removal again and it must be deodexed before themes can be flashed. From my understanding, if you wanna go back to .340, you can flash maderstock or SBF back.I would hope that the next versions of our favorite roms are built off this

unless those rom makers don't know about this yet :D ..maybe thats why.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones