• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 3.4.2 flashable zip Question

Well I just googled it and it seems im not the only one..some recommend a task killer to keep at least 100mb free..others recommend trying another keyboard.

None of which works but what seems to be common is that it started with 2.2.

It has been an issue for me since day one before 2.2 ...it does not happen on all forums just some ....like I said try the phandroid app it a nice app and doesn't have the lag when responding

Upvote 0
fiision:

i noticed whenever i went in to rummy oc it rebooted the phone each time. that was the only real issue i noticed.
really seemed o.k. to me, but nothing that blew my mind.
ON THE OTHER HAND; realistically, i should have run it for at least a day or so more and may flash it again some time.
i guess i just didnt feel like it was doing anything amazing (as stock with bloat out) that i was gonna stay stock. went ahead and flashed fission back on for now.
CERTAINLY worth trying if you are having any isses with a custom rom and worth me trying for a longer period again. also if your already running it from the little i played with it; if you have your phone like you want it and its working good, i doubt its worth going through the trouble of flashing over to a custom rom unless you just want to.

im really interested to see what developers make out of this and ready to try any releases from a noteworthy source.

i assume im still on the newer kernal though ive flashed to fission?

The one thing I noticed right away after flashing 3.4.2 was the reboots, but I did a factory reset and haven't had any since. I have deodexed and installed the galaxy theme, but have not OC'd yet, it seems pretty smooth running stock.

New kernel should say 2.6.32.9-ga649a2e

I would love to see a ROM based on 3.4.2 as well.

Thanks for your thoughts on Fission.

Upvote 0
Faber, did you Nandroid back to Fission or install over 3.4.2?

What's the comparison between this and Apex? I usually run Rubix, but I'm going on a trip soon and need to maximize battery life.

didnt nandroid; installed fresh after running maderstock and re-rooting.
The one thing I noticed right away after flashing 3.4.2 was the reboots, but I did a factory reset and haven't had any since. I have deodexed and installed the galaxy theme, but have not OC'd yet, it seems pretty smooth running stock.

New kernel should say 2.6.32.9-ga649a2e

I would love to see a ROM based on 3.4.2 as well.

Thanks for your thoughts on Fission.
odd....my last few numbers/etc. are different. beats me....
you bet....anytime :)

Upvote 0
didnt nandroid; installed fresh after running maderstock and re-rooting.

odd....my last few numbers/etc. are different. beats me....
you bet....anytime :)

How's it running for you so far? It's running pretty good for me. I'm running BWC right now too; I'm trying to catch any inconsistencies like black on black text, etc. right now :D

Upvote 0
So has anyone else used this for a few days? I'm on week 2 now and would
like to know your experience so far

I've been using it for about 4 days. I am really shocked at how well this is running. Battery life is great. Seems really snappy (not oc'd), haven't noticed any lag. Everything appears to be working fine.

Actually, the only thing that I miss at this time is being able to theme the crap out of it. :p

I think I will stick with this until someone comes out with a ROM based on this build, or Moto releases the official.

Experience = I like it ...allot!

Upvote 0
I've been using it for about 4 days. I am really shocked at how well this is running. Battery life is great. Seems really snappy (not oc'd), haven't noticed any lag. Everything appears to be working fine.

Actually, the only thing that I miss at this time is being able to theme the crap out of it. :p

I think I will stick with this until someone comes out with a ROM based on this build, or Moto releases the official.

Experience = I like it ...allot!

You should be able to theme it. Yawdaapah ported the HoneyBread theme for this, and I did the BWC Theme that I am running right now.

There are other themes out there too.

Reactions: emaN resU
Upvote 0
You should be able to theme it. Yawdaapah ported the HoneyBread theme for this, and I did the BWC Theme that I am running right now.

Yeah, I totally spaced the HoneyBread theme. I didn't know you did the BWC theme, thanks I will check that out.

I am using the Galaxy theme from UncleDuke right now, I just needed to get some relief from the dreaded white notification bar.

I am partial to red themes, so hopefully someone will do one of those soon as well.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I totally spaced the HoneyBread theme. I didn't know you did the BWC theme, thanks I will check that out.

I am using the Galaxy theme from UncleDuke right now, I just needed to get some relief from the dreaded white notification bar.

I am partial to red themes, so hopefully someone will do one of those soon as well.

Thanks again.

I didn't post mine, I'm still testing it to make sure it's working right, I may not even post it because I might just go back to 2.3.340.

Upvote 0
Battery life has been worst for me..there is a constant 10% cpu usage during stand by that I can only track to the "system process" ..this is not normal and must be causing my extra drain..

I think it's bloat ware since I have yet to remove any. Since most of you guys remove your bloat ware I doubt you will have this issue. Also "voice commands" seems to also use around 1% cpu constantly as well..

I'll keep you guys posted..

I still think the honeycomb theme needs some more work, I can hardly make out the signal indicators during the day without 100% brightness...also I can't find any screen shots for the BWC Theme.

Upvote 0
I didn't post mine, I'm still testing it to make sure it's working right, I may not even post it because I might just go back to 2.3.340.

Awww, c'mon, you know you want to post it. I saw the screenshots from your Apex 1.4 port, I really like that theme (even if it's not red). :D

@ram130 I'm having great battery life. I've been unplugged for about 18 hours with weather (gps enabled) and 2 email accounts updating every 2 hours, a few 10+ minute phone calls, a few text messages and general playing with settings for a bit here and there and I'm at %80 on a stock batt. I'd call that pretty awesome. But, like you said, I did remove some bloat and am using stock launcher with minimal widgets running.
We'll see how it goes after I start adding some load on the system over time.

Reactions: ram130
Upvote 0
Battery life has been worst for me..there is a constant 10% cpu usage during stand by that I can only track to the "system process" ..this is not normal and must be causing my extra drain..

I think it's bloat ware since I have yet to remove any. Since most of you guys remove your bloat ware I doubt you will have this issue. Also "voice commands" seems to also use around 1% cpu constantly as well..

I'll keep you guys posted..

I still think the honeycomb theme needs some more work, I can hardly make out the signal indicators during the day without 100% brightness...also I can't find any screen shots for the BWC Theme.

BWC stands for black, white, and chrome.....you should be able to find the thread for it.....ApeX1.4.0, and Fission 2.6.1 come to mind.

Here's one:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/278467-theme-black-white-chrome-apex-1-4-0-a.html

Here's Fission 2.6.1:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/281415-black-white-chrome-fission-2-6-1-a.html

Reactions: ram130
Upvote 0
BWC stands for black, white, and chrome.....you should be able to find the thread for it.....ApeX1.4.0, and Fission 2.6.1 come to mind.

Here's one:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/278467-theme-black-white-chrome-apex-1-4-0-a.html

Here's Fission 2.6.1:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/281415-black-white-chrome-fission-2-6-1-a.html

Looks ok but I guess it's not my cup of tea ..:rolleyes:, I like that signal widget in the second link though, I got to find it.
Awww, c'mon, you know you want to post it. I saw the screenshots from your Apex 1.4 port, I really like that theme (even if it's not red). :D

@ram130 I'm having great battery life. I've been unplugged for about 18 hours with weather (gps enabled) and 2 email accounts updating every 2 hours, a few 10+ minute phone calls, a few text messages and general playing with settings for a bit here and there and I'm at %80 on a stock batt. I'd call that pretty awesome. But, like you said, I did remove some bloat and am using stock launcher with minimal widgets running.
We'll see how it goes after I start adding some load on the system over time.

Wow, thats great battery life!. Do you mind sharing what bloatware you froze? :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones