• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

3.5 jack white noise on PC

Hello, I'm using a usb adapter, which has both mic and headset 3.5 jacks, and with a male to male aux cable, I connected one into the phone, and one into the mic usb jack, then on the computer (windows 10) I went into the audio settings, and then recording, then enabled the microphone usb adapter, then clicked properties, and selected "listen";

Then I played audio on my phone, but the only thing I heard through the laptop speakers was a high pitched beeping noise, and the audio was coming out of my phone normally;

Then I tried plugging in a headset on my phone, and the sound came through fine on the headset, so I tried my other phone, which is a microsoft lumia 640, and it worked straight away, and the quality of sound was perfect too;

Can anyone give me any tips on solving this problem, why one phone works and the other phone doesn't work, the android phone is a nokia 6.1 updated to pie, one version, with the latest updates

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones